Avs fans, let's rejoice! Nate Guenin has been waived!

Discussion in 'NHL Discussion' started by Ride The Lightning, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Legend

What a day avs fans. Two years ago we told Patrick Roy that Marc Andre Cliche and Nate Guenin are both terrible. Last year he finally agreed and sent Cliche down (mind you he's having an okay year with San Antonio he has 12 points in 20 games and is a +5) But he was NOT NHL material. Now, even though he sent down Cliche..to EVERYONE's surprise the name Nate Guenin was still on the roster. Now, here we are 0 points in 29 games later he has finally been sent down after two years of pain on the back end. Not sure what finally made Roy realize how terrible Guenin is, but whatever it is I am happy. Brandon Gormley has been sent down to San Antonio as well. To replace Guenin and Gormley is 20 year olds Nikita Zadorov and Chris Bigras. Zadorov has done well in the AHL apparently looks like he has his confidence back. Zadorov has 18 points in 28 games so far in San Antonio. Chris Bigras is an OHL product drafted in the second round. Bigras had 71 points (20g 51a) in 62 games in his last OHL season. He has 19 points in 37 games in his first Pro season with San Antonio. He will see his first NHL game Thursday against New Jersey. Avs Fans, let's celebrate. Good luck to Chris and Z! and good luck to Guenin in the A...Can't say it's been a very good time ;)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. Leafer

Leafer 2BC Elite PICK'EM CHAMP

Vinny is really happy, i know it and Guenin should of been waived a while ago.

3. Vinny

Vinny General Manager LEGEND

YES YES YES! Finally that atrocious bitch named Nathan Guenin is gone! He was horrible last year, and he's been horrible this year! Man I never thought this day would come, first MA Cliche being sent down, now Guenin? Heeellllls to the yes! *High Fives RTL and all other avs fans*

4. Samee

Samee Commissioner

Now it's Ottawas turn to send Cowen down :)

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Legend

Haha high five! I hope Zad's just brings it with his call up. Bigras is an interesting choice, I thought we'd give him a full year in the AHL. But I think he's been logging alot of minutes and is tied for 1st on the team in defensive scoring (with Maxim Noreau) So we'll see how he does!

6. Uncle Ryan

Uncle Ryan Hall of Famer 2

Guy was about as serviceable as Rundblad. Anyone is an upgrade from this, for sure. Good move

7. Hoverhand

Hoverhand Bernie Sanders Enthusiasts

You mean Mr. 9th overall we passed on Nick Leddy, you mean that Jared Cowen

8. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

Great for the Avs. Now Nill, can you please follow the road that Sakic has gone down except place Jordie on waivers and hope that he gets claimed?

9. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck Commissioner

wow sounds like he's the :col's version of Tanner Glass

10. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

Ummh... Jordie has $100K smaller cap hit than Nate, but much better stats(numbers in brackets are Nate's stats) 9(0) points, +3(+2), 32(10) shots - That's enough for a 7th defenseman. I can't understand what's your problem with Jordie. He is the Stars' 7th defenseman, how much should he score or have shots, then?

11. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

Statistically he may be decent but I have two problems with him: he's hogging ice time from younger players who deserve it (like Oleksiak) and he is atrocious defensively. He has had defensive plays that have cost us the game, it has gotten that bad. His positioning is average at best, he isn't good at picking up passes, he doesn't really block shots, and my biggest complaint: he SUCKS on the breakout. I can think of 10 goals where he throws a cross-ice pass that gets picked off by a forward and ends up going to the back of our net and that is just from my memory. He's not a bad seventh D, but he SUCKS as a top-6 D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.