CAR Carolina picks Co-Captains

Discussion in 'NHL Discussion' started by CrazyDounut21, Oct 5, 2017.

1. CrazyDounut21

CrazyDounut21 Veteran 3

The Carolina Hurricanes traded Eric Staal at the deadline in the 2015-16 season. Meaning for a year and a half they didn't have a captain. As Victor Rask and Jeff Skinner rotated wearing A's on the home/road. While Jordan Staal and Justin Faulk both wore A's in all games during the 2016-17 season.

Carolina chose to go with 2 captains Jordan Staal and Justin Faulk. The team announced at 12 pm EST. Jordan will wear the C at home 1st half of the season, road 2nd half of the season, Vice-Versa for Justin Faulk.

Jeff Skinner will be the only one wearing the A. Meaning Victor Rask is stripped of his Assistant Captain role.

Many Hurricanes fans (including me) are a bit angry and annoyed at the team. Why not just go with one? What are you guys' opinion on this move?

2. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

Seems sort of silly.

Like "okay you're the leader in the locker room until so-and-so date then you'll take over."

I mean they must have their reasons but from the outside looking in for us fans, it seems odd.

3. Mikhail Sergachev22

Mikhail Sergachev22 Pro 3

it’s just a lot more simple to pick one captain and 2-3 A’s like what’s the point of 2 Co-Captains? i’m not a fan but eh who am i to complain

4. LordK6

LordK6 Veteran 2

why pick 2 captains...