Xbox Does Xbox have an exclusive problem?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by murphdawg1, Apr 15, 2018.

1. murphdawg1

murphdawg1 Veteran

With God of War getting great reviews before releasing this coming Friday the discussion of Xbox and exclusive games has once again come up. I'm curious to hear what Xbox only players think and what they want from Microsoft, as a Playstation only gamer I think you guys do need some great single player games and it baffles me why those games don't really exist currently on the Xbox One. I also think Microsoft needs to invest more into new IPs and not rely so much on Halo, Forza and Gears. What say you guys?

2. AlClemBee9575

AlClemBee9575 Superstar 3

I'm not an expert on video games or the companies, but I think the idea of a company creating a game specifically for their console is just ridiculous. They have to understand that people aren't made of money and that these are expensive consoles to buy. And yes, I'm pissed that there is a PS4 only SPIDER-MAN game. One of the top 3 most popular superheroes and Marvel's most famous hero is a Sony exclusive game now. What the fuck

3. murphdawg1

murphdawg1 Veteran

That's how you create a brand and get people to buy your product. Do you really think Nintendo would have lasted as long as they have if franchises like Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong weren't exclusive to their platform? As for Spider-Man it is good hands with Insomniac developing.

4. AlClemBee9575

AlClemBee9575 Superstar 3

I understand what you're saying, but my point was, a character like Spider-Man shouldn't be console exclusive. That's like Xbox saying that the next Batman game is for Xbox Users only.

5. murphdawg1

murphdawg1 Veteran

Well we don't really know all the details of why Spidey is exclusive to the PS4. Maybe Sony offered to fund development, Sony and Insomniac have a long history of working together from the original Spyro to Ratchet and Clank, The Resistance series so maybe it was just a natural fit. Also Insomniac's Sunset Overdrive didn't sell all that well on Xbox One.