Featured Drouin to Montreal, Sergachev to Tampa

Discussion in 'NHL Discussion' started by Kaljakori, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

2. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 3

I have one question. Montreal traded PK Subban for Shea Weber because Subban's flashy offense and often polarizing personality didn't fit with the "culture" Bergevin was trying to create in Montreal. But now he trades a talented defenseman with upside for a flashy, offensive player with moral and attitude issues?

Don't get me wrong, Drouin is a helluva player and he will be a fantastic hockey player for the rest of his career, but I just didn't think he fit the narrative of the Montreal Canadiens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Kaljakori

Kaljakori Legend 3

This is all happening because Marc Bergevin is what you get when you give Jim Benning some actual big chips to play with.

4. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

BAHAHAA, Im telling you Mark Bergevin is doing anything to save his job. "PLEASE CAREY DON'T LEAVE, LOOK I JUST TRADED FOR DROUIN". Good trade for MTL, Drouin is from Quebec and will get all the Ice time he wants. Tampa Bay is the new team Russia, YZERMAN still remembers what Federov and Datsyuk did for Detroit.

5. Frankie

Frankie Coach

Sergachev is good, but Drouin will be elite. Tampa Bay will come out of this trade in a few years looking back and scratching their heads.

6. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

Who's Drouin? Who's Sergachev? What's hokey?

stick ur right hand in stick ur right hand out stick your right hand in and shake it all about. u do the hokey pokey and u spin urself around that's wot its all aboot

im not high

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. Slapshot Tommy

Slapshot Tommy Superstar 3

I know Plus Minus can be a wonky stat, but Drouin doesn't play defensively. He's fortunate to have Weber and Price keeping the puck out of the net but with the game no longer has a place for one dimensional players. That'll have to improve with him espically if he's to move to center. Need big wins in your own zone, and if you don't you can't be caught fumbling with yourself and doubly so now he's in a Canadian market.

• List
  8. LordK6

LordK6 Veteran 2

9. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

I get that Drouin is not a defensive player but with Carey Price on the team you need OFFENCE. Drouin will be a powerhouse player on the PP if he plays to his potential. If MTL can score 3 goals a game they are looking good and Drouin will help score more goals than Sergachev will.

10. nickflames345

nickflames345 Rookie 2

this is a suprising move

11. nickflames345

nickflames345 Rookie 2

im going to laugh if the lighting keep making stupid trade

12. nickflames345

nickflames345 Rookie 2

carey price is in the net you may as when tell droiun to defend a brick wall it doesnt matter this team needsfire power

13. nickflames345

nickflames345 Rookie 2

im a huriicanes fan k

14. nickflames345

nickflames345 Rookie 2

how do you like a comment

15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Legend

Montreal is ******* ********. "Ehh, our problems are center depth, and defense. So lets trade a defender for a winger." Listen, the "Carey Price is our defense" tactic doesn't work. It gets you the playoffs, then when you play a 7 game series with that, it'll slap you in the face. Bad trade for Montreal.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 3

Completely agree. You don't trade your best defensive prospect for a winger when you're the Canadiens. It reminds me of the Taylor Hall trade a little bit. A team with great goaltending but no defense trades a good, young defenseman for a talented winger. Sure Hall and Drouin are good, but it's not what they need most.

17. Mikhail Sergachev22

Mikhail Sergachev22 Veteran

I think this is a great trade for Montreal. Drouin is from Quebec and will get all the icetime he wants. I think giving up sergachev was a bit of a risk but I guess you gotta give up quality for quality in return.

18. Chucky x 27

Chucky x 27 Superstar 3

Great trade for Montreal. Drouin will be an elite forward, he's already an extraordinary player. Sergachev is a top prospect but he's yet to be an NHL player. We don't know if he is going to be elite or even an NHL player... Don't get me wrong, he has the potential to be an outstanding top 2 defenseman but anybody can be a bust even a first overall pick like Yakupov. In my opinion, Montreal wins the deal for now because of that.

19. Robby1687

Robby1687 Rookie 2

Wouldn't Price want a great d-man instead of a forward?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. GeneralZod18

GeneralZod18 Rookie

Drouin is gonna be good. Or at least better than sergy. Canadiens got a steal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.