GM Superbmans next destination

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Mirwin37, May 7, 2017.

1. Mirwin37

Mirwin37 Rookie

Following the loss of Year 7 to the Stars (spoiler alert...but its been 2 days so not my fault) it's time for GM Superbman to look for his next employment. Now he said on the chat the other day that he will be heading East because he just did a West...so lets take a look at who i think would be the best fit.

THE BOSTON BRUINS
    The bruins are a below average team who just barely crawled their way into the playoffs this season. They're a defensive minded team with some desent young talent on the rise. Also they have a Top tier goalie in Tuukka Rask who will be locked up for many years.
    Top Players- Brad Marchand 87, Patrice Bergeron 88, Tuukka Rask 88
    Team needs- This team badly needs scoring, they can go on stretches but they go away when they face good teams, depth scoring would be a big need.

This is just my opinion but i think the Bruins would be a good fit!

2. 93Crazed101

93Crazed101 Legend 3

I like Dallas, figuring out the goalies and defense while maintaining competitiveness could be tricky.

3. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Superstar

I think hurricanes need help for offense and goalie situation. The defense prospect was a stack. They almost made to playoffs.

4. Fethdar

Fethdar Rookie 2

The Detroit Red Wings would be a real challenge.

5. hockeymanbl

hockeymanbl Rookie

Detroit!!! he has a chance to save the streak in the game and create another Red Wings Dynasty!!!!

6. AJ Williams

AJ Williams Rookie

Now, I understand Detroit would be a pretty good fit for Be a GM, as he'll likely have to do a complete rebuild.. but honestly, I feel like it would be eerily similar to the Colorado Be a GM series.. I may be a bit biased here, but I'd absolutely love it if Johnny did a Montreal series -- a team that has been a team that has been good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to make a deep run. Also, the habs are running out of time as Carey Price only has a few good years left as does Shea Weber.

7. Milk Hotdog

Milk Hotdog Rookie

Philadelphia Flyers or NJ Devils. Both have some solid forwards (Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds; Hall, Henrique, Palmieri), but lack depth, and need to upgrade their goaltending and defensive core.

8. AK11

AK11 Veteran PICK'EM CHAMP LEGEND

He should do the Kings as we're in a tough ass situation,not sure what to do,rebuild or retool,can he bring us back to being contenders,all this questions will be answered if Johnny decides to go with the Kings, it will be an interesting series for sure.

9. Cody73

Cody73 Pro

I'd love to see him tackle Vegas. Think about it: A team made up of players no-one else wanted to keep.

10. Yoshilover46

Yoshilover46 Veteran 2

for East teams? Carolina, they need help immensely!!

11. SpragueB

SpragueB Rookie

Try out the Islanders and help to surround Tavares with the necessary players to get the cup!

12. JP Robinson

JP Robinson Rookie

How bout you try on the Anaheim Ducks shoes or maybe the New Jersey Devils... Or hell give Washington a chance to actually get the cup.....Lol

13. Nathan26

Nathan26 Rookie

If he wants to do an Eastern Conference team there are three that come to mind for me that have compelling story lines.

Washington Capitals
    This one is my favorite. Mission: Get Ovi a cup. This one is nice, because it won't take a long rebuild, as they're already contenders, and Ovi's lack of Stanley Cup is one of the most compelling storylines in the NHL every year.

Detroit Red Wings
    Call this one Mission: Keep the streak alive. Now, the Red Wings are awful, but if Jonny can figure out a way to keep the streak alive, and end up winning the Cup after a few years would be very, very impressive. This one intrigues me because of the emphasis and drama it would put on the regular season.

Philadelphia Flyers
    This one is a more traditional GM Superbman rebuild. Take a team who is not very good, but has some decent pieces, and bring them to glory. The fit is too perfect, and seems like a solid fit.

I also like the thought of the Florida Panthers or the Tampa Bay Lightning.

14. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 3

I'm upset he stopped Colorado. He says he likes a challenge. Well a challenge would be losing players to FA because of the salary cap, and trying to remain competitive by replacing them with young rookies that he grows. My favorite team he's done so far has been Arizona, and it was so awesome because he took it for so long, we saw new players coming in and being exciting with storylines.

15. Trocheck was tripped

Trocheck was tripped Rookie

Johnny! Do the Florida Panthers, great young players lead by older veterans who have a chance to contend if they add in a few pieces and develop their young core. GM superbman could bring Florida its first ever Stanley cup!!!! Your name will go down in history

16. Aircaptain101

Aircaptain101 Veteran

I'd say the Washington Capitals. With another second round exit being eliminated by the Penguins, I'd say it's time for Gm Superbman to take control and lead Ovi to that cup.

17. UpYourSisters5Hole

UpYourSisters5Hole Rookie 2

----- Carolina Hurricanes -----

Easy decision. Basement team both in real life and in the simulation. They lack a starter, top line, and decent D-pairings. Before anything, I would update the rosters and customize them again according to the finishing standings and breakout playoff performances so far.

Players on Carolina that need changes:
    E. Lindholm - Change to Low ELITE, bump to 84 ovr. (45 point season)
    S. Aho - Bump to 85 ovr. (50 point season)
    N. Hanifin - Bump to 85 ovr. (30 point season)
    E. Lack - Bump to 84 ovr.
    J. Staal - Lower to 85 ovr. (45 point season)
    J. Skinner - Bump to 88 (63 point)
    T. Teravainen - Change to Med TOP 6 F, bump to 84 ovr. (42 point)
    B. Pesce & Jaccob Slavin - Bump defensive awareness to 90, shot block 88, stick check 88 (+23, next best is +1, rest of team is minus players.)

Like if you agree so Johnny can see this. Boston would be boring because they have prospects, LA isn't eastern, Dallas has a 94 overall Benn and 93 overall Seguin, Washington has way too many star players, Detroit would be rebuild central, Florida already done with Quebec City, and personally I would never get into a Philadelphia series, I'm sorry but the fan base is a joke and that team has a bad name and doesn't strike my interest.

I think it would be awesome seeing Johnny draft Nico Hishier or Patrick and building a solid franchise around them.

18. iSwearImSober

iSwearImSober Rookie

I think he should choose the Vancouver Canucks, get them their first stanley cup led by Thatcher Demko between the pipes.

It'd be interesting to see how he works out the Sedin situation and how he'd work with the canucks prospects + with toronto and edmonton on the rise it'd be cool to see a 3rd canadian team fighting for the cup a few more years into the sim

should add that im a leafs fan not a canucks fan, but i think that the canucks would be the best choice for nhl 18

19. IWillBertuzzziYou

IWillBertuzzziYou Rookie 2

Detroit!!! Johnny rarley mentions Detroit in any videos and I don't think he's done a redwing gm mode before. So many things you can do with this team and I would love to see if he keeps or trades Athanasiou for the dman they need!

20. Robby1687

Robby1687 Rookie 2

He should do Detroit