CAR James Wisniewski to Undergo Surgery

Discussion in 'NHL Discussion' started by Jack Myer, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Myer

Jack Myer General Manager

James Wisniewski, a newly acquired player for the Hurricanes, is going to have to have a surgery performed to repair his ACL, which he injured in a tangle with the Predators' Viktor Arvidsson. This surgery will keep Wisniewski out of commission for at least 6 months, meaning he will miss the majority of this season. Injuries have plagued Wisniewski throughout his career. This is his 9th NHL season, and he's only had one year where he played more than 70 games.

Here's a video of the incident. It was clearly unintentional by Arvidsson, no malice there, just an unfortunate accident.

Video courtesy of Sportsnet.ca.

2. Scoracek93

Scoracek93 Coach

There's always SOMEONE who gets knocked out for basically the season at the very beginning, looks like this year it's Wisniewski. ACL tears are major, get better man. Must suck you don't get to play your favorite sport for the season.
    [​IMG]

3. Karl GZ

Karl GZ General Manager: CHI Blackhawks

Sad to see players get excited for the season then miss the majority/all of it, and yes, it does look unintentional.

4. Jack Myer

ACL tears are no joke, seriously... Let me tell you a little story. The Bills had a linebacker, his name was Takeo Spikes. He tore his ACL during a game. You could tell right away, he wasn't pounding the ground in pain, it was frustration, because he knew he'd likely never be the same player again. And he wasn't. He was still good, still talented, but he was considerably better before the tear.

5. Scoracek93

Scoracek93 Coach

Yeah I know about him- the last two years of his career were on my favorite team. (The Chargers) Like you said, he was decent, but nothing great like he was before the tear. It's always good to see the rare occasion when players return from ACL tears and are just as much of beasts as they were before. Because that does happen sometimes.

6. Jack Myer

Like Adrian Peterson... Good God he came back seemingly better after the tear. He looked better than before it...

7. Scoracek93

Scoracek93 Coach

He's just a god or something though, no one should be running that well at his age...

8. Jack Myer

I fear Peterson will steal Fred Jackson's title as the Ageless Wonder. Oh well... Anyways, we've gone off-topic, haha.

9. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

OUCH! That must hurt. I hope that he can recover from this, Carolina really needs him. Damn, this is Carolina's second leg-related long injury in the past two years (Jordan Staal and this).

10. Leafer

Leafer 2BC Elite PICK'EM CHAMP

i feel the fans outside :(

11. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

Ah the ACL, that's a tough break for Wisniewski. Hopefully he'll be better soon though, but that's one hell of an injury to recover from. Some of my friends that tore their ACL say it never feels the same and you can't do anything the same anymore :(

12. Alvy

Alvy Hall of Famer 2

Hopefully he gets better soon

13. Carolina Candy Canes

Carolina Candy Canes Legend 2

:(, we could of used him for our playoff run that we are supposed to make this season, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.