My thoughts on the LV Expansion

Discussion in 'NHL Discussion' started by LeMaddog, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeMaddog

LeMaddog Rookie

Since Las Vegas was awarded an NHL franchise for the 2017-18 season, I figured I would share my thoughts with you guys.

First off, I'm going to say it up front, Las Vegas is not a sports city. Sure, they have the triple A 51's, they had the ECHL Wranglers, but let's face it: Las Vegas is not a sports city, and for them to have a team in one of the four major professional sport leagues? I mean... c'mon. Las Vegas is a city for gambling, a city where you can just gamble off.

But, Bettman, our terrible commissioner, awarded them a franchise, and they will be the 31'st franchise in the NHL. That being said, let's talk about the basics, and the chances.

Las Vegas is going to be competing with the three nearby Californian teams, and they are going to be the eight team in the Pacific Division. Now, if I was the President of the Flames, Canucks or Oilers, I would be ripping Bettman's throat right now. What are the chances that one of those Canadian teams making the playoffs? And I mean, let's face it. The Pacific Division is pretty competitive. You usually see all three Californian teams in there and then you see some lucky team get in there. If we are going to have five straight seasons where the Pacific Division is dominated by the American teams, then that is going to be a problem. Hell, maybe the Oilers, Canucks and Flames should get ready for the CFL season while that's happening. And you guys are probably saying "Oh, but what about the Jets? They are the only team in the Central Division." Alright, here we go, I'm probably going to get alot of hate for this, but... who cares about the Jets? No, literally, who cares about the Jets? I mean, let's be upfront and honest here, when I look at the Winnipeg Jets as an organization, as a franchise... I see a fate far worse than the Atlanta Thrashers (hell, they were the Atlanta Thrashers)

Anyway, back on track, I have a couple of team names for Las Vegas. They include the Rebels, Outlaws and the Aces. I think they are going to go with the Aces 'cause as I said before, Las Vegas is a gambling city, and it fits.

Since Las Vegas is a gambling city, I'm pretty sure the management is going to spend all their money on the great players. Actually, you know what? Let's name these guys the Las Vegas Bankrupters. They won't be staying for long with the guys they'll be trying to sign. Heh... heh?

Anyway boys, there ya go. Those are my thoughts about the Las Vegas expansion. What are your thoughts? Comment down below, I'd like to see your opinions.

2. Hornets27

Hornets27 HoRNETS x GiROUX28

I don't think I've read a more incorrect thing in my life. Winnipeg is a hockey city, has and up and coming team, and an amazing fan base

Would this happen in any other city?

I agree with everything thing else

3. Blues Clues

Blues Clues 2BC Elite

Have you ever seen a game in Winnipeg? Those people care about hockey. That building doesn't have the same revenue but they sell and the franchise is very stable.

Las Vegas was getting a major sports team either way. The NHL wanted to be first because, have you see their profit? The NFL, MLB and NBA stomp the NHL in revenue and the NHL needs to generate interest. That's the sole purpose the are bringing back Vegas, so they can say "hey first major sport team in Vegas".

4. LeMaddog

LeMaddog Rookie

I guess so. Why did I create this thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.