Featured NHL 17 Rating – Top 10 Centres

Discussion in 'NHL Video Game Discussion' started by Leafer, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leafer

Leafer 2BC Elite PICK'EM CHAMP

Written by EA: Link

Here are the top rated centers in NHL®17.

There are six categories when determining rating attributes: Puck Skills, Senses, Shooting, Defense, Skating, and Physicality.

[​IMG]
    10. Claude Giroux – 91 overall

One of the most creative offensive players in the league, Giroux uses his 5-star stating ability to separate himself from defenders and is capable of stickhandling himself out of tight situations with a (93) Deke & (94) Puck Control rating.

[​IMG]
    9. Nicklas Backstrom – 91 overall

Over the past ten season, Nicklas Backstrom has proven himself to be one of the best pure playmakers of his generation. His (94) Passing and (94) Puck Control make him one of the best setup men in NHL®17.

[​IMG]
    8. Ryan Getzlaf – 91 overall

The hulking Anaheim Ducks captain uses his 5-star physical abilities and puck skills to shield the puck from his opponents until a scoring opportunity presents itself. Getzlaf is always thinking pass first, but is still capable of going bar down with a (91) Slap Shot Power & (90) Wrist Shot Power rating.

[​IMG]
    7. Tyler Seguin - 92 overall

A prolific point producer throughout his entire hockey career, Tyler Seguin will be looking to reach the 40 goal make for the first time next season. As long as he can stay healthy, it will be tough to bet against him as he is one of the best finishers in the league with a (93) Wrist Shot Power & (92) Wrist Shot Accuracy rating.

[​IMG]
    6. Evgeni Malkin – 93 overall

Malkin’s rare combination of size, speed and skill has helped him produce at over a point-per-game pace the past five seasons. The only knock against him is that he can’t stay healthy for an entire season, luckily for Penguins fans, they can just turn off injuries in NHL®17 to watch Geno climb to the top of the scoring leaders.

[​IMG]
    5. John Tavares – 93 overall

He won’t rank near the top of the league in skating ability, but his 5-star puck skills, shooting and senses more than make up for his lack of speed. All Tavares needs is a bit of open space and a little bit of time, and there’s a good chance the puck will end up in the back of the net.

[​IMG]
    4. Anze Kopitar – 93 overall

After leading the LA Kings in team scoring for the past nine seasons, Anze Kopitar became the first LA Kings forward to win the Selke Trophy as the league’s top defensive forward.

[​IMG]
    3. Steven Stamkos – 94 overall

One of the top offensive players in NHL®17, the two-time Maurice ‘Rocket’ Richard Trophy winner possesses 5-star Puck Skills, Skating, Senses and Shooting.

[​IMG]
    2. Jonathan Toews – 94 overall

Although Toews hasn’t been a point-per-game player since the 2012-13 season, he brings other elements to a team that don’t necessarily show up on the scoresheet. The two-way center is a strong skater who is tough to knock off the puck, has excellent defensive awareness and stick checking to go along with an excellent shot.

[​IMG]
    1. Sidney Crosby – 95 overall

Once again Sidney Crosby finds himself ranked as our top rated center, and it’s tough to make a case against him. Coming off another impressive regular season, he elevated his game in the playoffs leading the Penguins to another Stanley Cup. He can beat you with his world class shot, passing, speed, physicality and hockey sense – he’s simply the best hockey player on the planet.

2. Starfish3132

Starfish3132 Veteran 3

Bergeron is better be #11 with a 91 ovr also or I start a riot

3. Sans

Sans Hall of Famer 3

Stamkos didn't even break 70 points this year lol

4. Caniac36

Caniac36 Rookie 3

I would put Bergeron above Giroux because of Bergeron's defensive play and how he is one of the best two-way forwards in the NHL.

5. Sans

Sans Hall of Famer 3

This list gave me cancer

Kuznetsov is better than Giroux for sure lol. Bergeron should be in Stamkos's spot

6. John Tavares

John Tavares Hall of Famer 2

1. WHERE THE FUCK IS BERGERON?
    2. Toews Stamkos Kopitar are overrated on this list. Toews shouldn't be top 10 and Stamkos is barely a top 10 at this point.
    3. WHERE IS JOE THORTON. The man had 82 POINTS LAST YEAR and took his team to the SCF.
    IMO
    1. Crosby 95
    2. Bergeron 93-94
    3. Tavares 93
    4. Malkin 93
    5. Kopitar 92
    6. Seguin 92
    7. Backstrom 91
    8. Giroux 91
    9. Joe Thorthon 91
    10. Stamkos 90

7. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP LEGEND

Just when I thought EA was finally making some good ratings because the Winger ratings were not bad but then I saw this.

Bergeron should be in the top 5, but he isn't even on the list.

8. RaimoTarkki

RaimoTarkki Hall of Famer 2

No Bergeron or Thornton is an absolute joke... Actual top 10

1. Crosby
    2. Bergeron
    3. Seguin
    4. Tavares
    5. Thornton
    who cares nobody else is as good

9. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP LEGEND

Stamkos is good

10. RaimoTarkki

He's not even close to those guys

11. joyo231

joyo231 Veteran 2

Begeron isn't in this list because the last two years he hasn't been able to get his team into the playoffs and even though he had a good season he will be a 91 probably and Giroux is better then Begeron for sure, has had most points since 2010 and so the list should be

1. Crosby 95
    2. Kopitar 93
    3. Tavares 93
    4. Malkin 92
    5. Seguin 92
    6. Backstrom 91
    7. Thornton 91
    8. Stamkos 91
    9. Giroux 91
    10. Begeron 90

Begeron gets 10th on my list

12. RaimoTarkki

if Chicago had Bergeron instead of Toews they'd have more cups put it that way

13. John Tavares

John Tavares Hall of Famer 2

Seguin was rated a 93 last year and Dallas missed the playoffs in 14-15.

14. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP LEGEND

The Bruins have a awful defence core. Bergeron should be higher than 10 and 90 overall

15. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

I think if they had more cups with Bergeron instead of Toews, it'd probably be due to having over 3.5M more in cap space to sign another quality player. I mean, Chicago won 3 Cups in 6 years with Toews. It's not like he was a hindrance.

16. RaimoTarkki

obvously toews is a good player that's why I made the comparison

17. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

But I'm saying that I think Chicago would still have the 3 cups they had in the last 7 years if you replaced Toews with Bergeron, and if they had one or two more, it'd probably be more because Toews' contract wasn't shooting their cap space, so they could sign a good top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman.

18. RaimoTarkki

yeah and also bergeron>>>toews

19. joyo231

joyo231 Veteran 2

Sir is something wrong with you, Begeron isn't even the captain and all of you guys are calling him better then Teows, now yes I forgot to put Teows on my list and yes he had a bad point tear and didn't even have a frank selkee trophie nomination to show for it and they lost in the first round but for now I'll leave Teows off but Begeron is not that special he is a good player, but he can't find great chemistry with players like Teows does and he can't standout as well and change the game by himself thats what a franchise center does

20. Chucky x 27

Chucky x 27 Superstar 3

I don't undestand why everybody here doesn't put Toews on their top 10 but I agree Bergeron should be a top 10 though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.