Featured NHL 17 Rating - WCOH Rankings

Discussion in 'NHL Video Game Discussion' started by Leafer, Aug 17, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leafer

Leafer 2BC Elite PICK'EM CHAMP

*Article written by EA Sports https://t.co/WOXncModSj

The 2016 World Cup of Hockey kicks off this September, as with the top hockey talent in the world taking part we are breaking down the top ranked teams in EA SPORTS NHL 17. Check out our World Cup of Hockey team rating list below to see who we rank as the best teams in the tournament.

1. Team Canada – 99 OVERALL

Offense:100
    Defense: 100
    Goaltending: 95

To say their roster is deep is a vast understatement. Team Canada boasts some of the league’s biggest stars at the most critical positions on the ice, and they have proven to be capable of putting their egos aside for the betterment of the team. Every line is adept of scoring in bunches and with the top defense and goalie pairing the tournament, it’s tough to bet against the home team.

[​IMG]

2. Team USA – 96 OVERALL

Offense: 98
    Defense: 97
    Goaltending: 95

With the selection of Justin Abdelkader and Brandon Dubinsky over skilled players like Phil Kessel and Tyler Johnson it seems as if Team USA has decided to build a team with physicality rather than going with simply the best player available. It looks like their plan could be to deploy two offensive units, followed by lines of speed and grit to wear down their opponents.
    [​IMG]

3. Team Sweden – 95 OVERALL

Offense: 95
    Defense: 97
    Goaltending: 94

A defensive unit that includes superstars Erik Karlsson, Victor Hedman and Oliver Ekman-Larsson gives Team Sweden a significant advantage over their competition, with Team Canada maybe being the only exception.
    [​IMG]

4. Team Russia – 92 OVERALL

Offense: 96
    Defense: 90
    Goaltending: 90

Speed and skill is once again the strength for Team Russia going into this tournament. With proven point producers like Alex Ovechkin, Vladimir Tarasenko, Evgeni Malkin, Artemi Panarin and Nikita Kucherov scoring goals should not be an issue. The only problem is if that elite offensive group gets pinned in their defensive zone with a less than stellar defensive group led by the likes of Alexei Emelin and Dmitry Kulikov.
    [​IMG]

5. Team Europe – 92 OVERALL

Offense: 94
    Defense: 92
    Goaltending: 90

There are multiple Stanley Cup Champions on this roster including Anze Kopitar, Marian Hossa and Zdeno Chara, so coming up clutch on the biggest stage shouldn’t be too foreign for this club. The question is, will they be motivated enough by playing for their continent instead of their country?
    [​IMG]

6. Team North America – 92 OVERALL

Offense: 96
    Defense: 93
    Goaltending: 85

Much like the Edmonton Oilers of the past four years, the talent is there, but will they be able to put it all together to make a sustainable run in this tournament? Either way, watching the likes of Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and Auston Matthews team up will make for must see TV.
    [​IMG]

7. Team Finland – 90 OVERALL

Offense: 92
    Defense: 89
    Goaltending: 94

Aleksander Barkov and Patrik Laine are undoubtedly the future of Finnish hockey, but we’ll likely have to wait another four years before they reach their peak. Until then, Finland lacks a true superstar talent capable of carrying them through the tournament - so they’ll have to do what they always do, win close games and outwork their opponents.
    [​IMG]

8. Team Czech Republic – 89 OVERALL

Offense: 91
    Defense: 88
    Goaltending: 88

Defense and goaltending are major question mark here; it will likely take a superhuman performance from Detroit Red Wings goaltender Petr Mrazek for the Czech Republic to make any noise in this tournament.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
  2. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP

Good thread. Team North America is going to be cool to watch and I of course can't wait to watch Team Canada and see how they do in the World cup of Hockey this year.

3. ezione

ezione Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

4. InfernobirdKRPT

InfernobirdKRPT Hall of Famer

Will Mathews, Eichel and Mcdavid all play on one line? Cause that be awesome

5. Clutch Canadian4

Clutch Canadian4 Legend 3

Wait so I should probably read the rules myself, but to clarify. Would Team NA play against Team Canada in this tournament? Is that even fair??

6. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP

I honestly don't know...but I assuming they would. If not who else would they play? Because if they don't play Canada its unlikely they play USA and Russia and those teams.

Edit: So I googled the Schedule and team North America doesn't play Canada in the round robin but depending on the output they can play them in the later rounds. They however do play USA and Russia in the round robin

Here is the schedule https://www.nhl.com/news/2016-world-cup-of-hockey-schedule-announced/c-778411

7. Leafer

Leafer 2BC Elite PICK'EM CHAMP

Team NA and Canada aren't playing against each other except if they both make the finals

8. Hornets27

Hornets27 HoRNETS x GiROUX28

USAs 98 on offense is bizarre to me, should be in the low 90s with that gong show offense

9. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

USA has too high an offence and team Finland should be above team NA. But all-in-all, I do agree with these ratings. Though the rankings are kind of obvious. I'd have Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia, Europe, Finland, NA, Czech.

10. BTHabs11

BTHabs11 Hall of Famer

These ratings make no sense whatsoever. How is it possible that Canada has 100 rated offence when no one in the game is even rated 100. How does Europe have 90 rated goaltending when their goalies (Griess, Halak, etc) are most definitely not rated 90 or above.

11. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

Because your team ranking is not based off of the average of all your players or anything like that. I'm not sure what their algorithm is but it was the same thing in NHL 16.

12. Carolina Candy Canes

Carolina Candy Canes Legend 2

I'm totally appuled that they would give USA such a high overall for offense with the likes of Callahan and Dubinsky! They had to have inflated these overall values to try to get you to play with the teams more often!

13. Matt Murray

Matt Murray Rookie 3

Sweet, my boys on team Canada are looking stacked, also NA will be very interesting to watch.

14. Clutch Canadian4

Clutch Canadian4 Legend 3

I guess Team NA and Team Europe were created so NA skaters that are young and probably wouldn't make USA or Canada due to veterans who are more established would get a chance to play. As for Team Europe, they were created so weaker countries like Latvia and Germany can be combined to make one better team.

15. TobbeE

TobbeE Rookie

I Was wondered if anyone can post pics off Nikita Zaitsev, Yevgeny Dadonov, Vadim Shipachyov and Ivan Telegin from NHL 17 Whit Ratings and Attributes!

16. Saud

Saud Veteran 3

17. Snake3001

Snake3001 Hall of Famer

EA had the standings like this:
    1. Canada
    2. USA
    3. Sweden
    4. Russia
    5. Europe
    6. NA
    7. Finland
    8. Czech

Standings just before the finals:
    1/2. Canada
    1/2. Europe
    3. Sweden
    4. Russia
    5. NA
    6. Czech Republic
    7/8. Finland
    7/8. USA

Honestly, not that bad all things considered. They got Finland, Canada, Sweden and Russia dead on. Missed Europe by a bit, missed Czech by 2, missed NA by 1 and, of course, missed America by a lot (but so did everyone else). Pretty good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.