Featured NHL 17 - Top 10 Left Wingers

Discussion in 'NHL Video Game Discussion' started by Ethan x 18, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP LEGEND

EA sports has continued their releases of the top 10 ratings for each position for NHL 17.

[​IMG]

10. Alex Steen – 88 overall

The veteran winger for the St. Louis Blues is an excellent two-way forward who can play first line minutes.

[​IMG]
    9. Gabriel Landeskog – 88 overall

The 2011-12 Calder Trophy winner has developed into one of the league’s premier power forwards. He should continue to average between 50-60 points throughout his career while also bringing a physical element to the ice every night.

[​IMG]
    8. Filip Forsberg – 88 overall

A star on the rise, the Nashville Predators will be leaning on Forsberg to be their offensive leader for the next few years.

[​IMG]
    7. Daniel Sedin – 88 overall

Not blessed with explosive speed or a booming shot, Daniel Sedin uses his hockey sense and outstanding playmaking ability with his brother Henrik to creating scoring chances for the Vancouver Canucks.

[​IMG]
    6. Zach Parise – 89 overall

The Minnesota Wild star winger is a heart and soul player who scores big goals in both the NHL and international competition. He boasts 5-star puck skills, skating and senses and is also responsible on defense with a (88) Defensive Awareness rating.

[​IMG]
    5. Max Pacioretty – 89 overall

The four-time 30 goal scorer and Montreal Canadiens’ captain possesses an excellent shot with a (90) Slap Shot Power, Wrist Shot Power and Wrist Shot Accuracy rating.

[​IMG]
    4. Johnny Gaudreau – 90 overall

Size doesn’t matter to Johnny Hockey as the shifty winger uses his excellent Agility (94) and 5-star puck skills to slip away from defenders. Still only 22 years old, Gaudreau has the skillset to be near the top of league in scoring for the foreseeable future.

[​IMG]
    3. Taylor Hall – 90 overall

One of the best skaters in the league, Hall can use his (95) rated Speed to drive hard to the net and create scoring changes for himself and his teammates. The New Jersey Devils will hope he can stay Durable (83) next year, as they will be leaning on him to lead their offense.

[​IMG]
    2. Alex Ovechkin – 94 overall

One of the greatest goal scorers in NHL history, Alex Ovechkin is a threat to score 50+ goals every season. His (94) rated Slap Shot Power and Accuracy allows him to score from almost anywhere in the offensive zone.

[​IMG]
    1. Jamie Benn – 94 overall

After back-to-back 80+ points campaigns including an Art Ross Trophy victory, Jamie Benn has emerged as our top rated left winger in NHL 17. Benn’s combination of size and skill is nearly unstoppable, as he is one of the only players in NHL 17 to have 5-star ratings in all rating categories (Puck skills, shooting, skating, senses and physical ability).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2016
  2. Crossfit Jesus

Crossfit Jesus Hall of Famer

Wow the first time I agree with EA with the ratings. Surprised Steen is in the top 10 since he didn't have the greatest season last season with the Blues.

3. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

4. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

I can agree with all of these. Nice job EA... one thing they've gotten right so far.

5. Chucky x 27

Chucky x 27 Superstar 3

Damn 90 for Gaudreau. He shouldn't have really good defensive and physicality stats. He will be an offensive beast :O

6. MNWild91

MNWild91 Legend 2

I agree with most, if not all of them. I can accept Parise at an 89, especially with the injury ridden season he had. Weird that there is a gap between 90 and 94, but I'd rather have the overalls more spaced out.

7. Sans

Sans Hall of Famer 3

I like these ratings.

8. Sans

Sans Hall of Famer 3

Can you link the in depth stuff (like what they're good at) ?

9. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

Actually, these are not that bad. That being said, if Marchand is given 85 again, I'll flip sh*t.

10. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

I actually agree with this. I am also shocked nobody has flipped shit about Benn being over Ovi

11. Crossfit Jesus

Benn had the better season. While Ovie had the better Playoffs imo.

12. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

Eeh, it is for the name that i am shocked. Plus Benn was over a point per game in the playoffs, i think 14 points in 13 games

13. Crossfit Jesus

Oh yeah true I forgot, I felt Ovie had a better impact as a leader but both Dallas and Washington were elimnated in the same round so yeah. It's probably a minor difference in defensive stats.

14. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

^^

it probably will even though Benn should destroy Ovi there. Benn is one of the best defensive wingers in the game. Then again, the skating will also probably be even despite the fact Ovi should dominate that. It's going to be interesting.

15. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP LEGEND

For some reason EA didn't even release their own list at the time I posted this, I can check later.

16. Shamo-MO-MO

Shamo-MO-MO Rookie 3

Zach Parise has been having injury problems, and deserves a 90 when he's healthy, but an 89 is really really good imo, we all know he ain't the same player from 09 sadly enough

17. RaimoTarkki

RaimoTarkki Hall of Famer 2

Uhhh did Brad Marchand die? I guess 37 goals isn't impressive lol

18. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

Marchand definitely should be on the list, yeah. Otherwise, it actually could be worse.

19. Leafer

Leafer 2BC Elite PICK'EM CHAMP

They actually got the rating right.

20. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.