Featured NHL 17 - Top 10 Right Wingers

Discussion in 'NHL Video Game Discussion' started by Subby Dubby Doo, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subby Dubby Doo

Subby Dubby Doo Hall of Famer

Here are the top 10 right wingers in NHL 17, as released on EA Sports' website.

10. James Neal – 88 overall

Strong on the puck and in the corners, James Neal is a prototypical NHL power forward. He also owns a very hard (90) and accurate (90) wrist shot which should put him in contention for 30+ goals every year.
    [​IMG]

9. Nikita Kucherov – 88 overall

Now a 30 goal scorer, Kucherov may be a player who shoots up these rankings in the years to come. He owns a very accurate Wrist Shot (91) and has the Speed (90) to burn defenders one-on-one or wide. He has also proven to produce during crunch time, as he put up 19 points in 17 games during the 2016 playoffs.
    [​IMG]

8. Marian Hossa – 88 overall

The Blackhawks winger has been a force on the wing for the past decade. Although he has lost some of the speed that made him a big time point producer in his early years, he has evolved into a great two-way player, apparent by his 5-star defense rating.
    [​IMG]

7. Blake Wheeler – 89 overall

A physical mismatch for many defenders, the Winnipeg power forward uses his (90) Strength, (90) Balance and (90) Puck Control to drive to the net and create scoring chances.
    [​IMG]

6. Phil Kessel – 89 overall

The feel good story of the year, Phil Kessel is now a Stanley Cup Champion! He played major role in the Pittsburgh Penguins’ playoff run as he used his (93) Speed and wicked Wrist Shot Power (90) and Accuracy (90) to score timely goals for the Pens.
    [​IMG]

5. Jakub Voracek – 90 overall

An outstanding playmaker, Voracek creates scoring opportunities using his (91) Passing and (91) Puck Control skills.
    [​IMG]

4. Corey Perry – 91 overall

The former Hart Trophy winner may have taken a small step back the past couple of years, but he is still without a doubt one of the best all-round wingers in the game. He has a rare combination of skill and grit, evident by his 5-star puck skills, shooting, senses and physical ratings.
    [​IMG]

3. Joe Pavelski – 91 overall

The San Jose Sharks captain has been one of the most overlooked superstars in the NHL; over the past three years only Alex Ovechkin has scored more goals than Joe Pavelski. He is an excellent two-way player who produces in the clutch thanks to his all-star caliber shot and elite Hand-Eye (92) which he uses to deflect pucks in front of the net with ease.
    [​IMG]

2. Vladimir Tarasenko – 93 overall

The young Russian followed up his impressive 2014-15 season with a 40 goal campaign that saw him finish twelfth in league scoring. Tarasenko is a strong, explosive player who utilizes his Speed (92), Strength (87) and lethal Wrist shot Accuracy (94) to score at a high rate. (Sidenote: the article says 93, but the graphic says 92, so I'd trust the graphic because it's much harder to typo in that)
    [​IMG]

1. Patrick Kane – 94 overall

The 2016 Hart Trophy winner is the top rated right winger in NHL 17. In terms of pure skill, no one may have a more impressive skill set than Patrick Kane. His shooting attributes rank at the top of the NHL with a (95) Slap Shot & Wrist Shot Accuracy rating, he has speed to burn with a (95) Acceleration and Agility rating, and his hands are second to none with a (96) Deking, Hand-Eye, Passing and Puck Control rating.
    [​IMG]

My opinion:
    I agree with some and disagree with others. I think Neal and Kucherov are fine, but I think it's completely insulting to Jets fans to make Wheeler an 89 after his fantastic season. On top of that, Voracek, who had a bad season, gets a 90. Hossa is also too high. Aside from that, I'm fine with the rest.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. BTHabs11

BTHabs11 Hall of Famer

Voracek is ridiculous, he should be like a 87.

3. Leafer

Leafer 2BC Elite PICK'EM CHAMP

Vorachek should be lower, Kessel 90, Kucherov 89.

4. Lights

Lights Legend 2

Hossa lower like 87 Kuchurov 89

5. Sonny

Sonny Coach

Voracek is so Overrated

6. Chucky x 27

Chucky x 27 Superstar 3

Patrick Kane will be a monster in this game :wow! Also, I think Voracek is a bit overrated.

7. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

Pavelski deserves like a 92 or 93. H scores nearly 40 goals and 75-ish points consistantly, plays a great 2-way game, and he's a great playoff performer. Voracek, Neal and Hossa about 87. Instead, I'd have Okposo, Simmonds and Eriksson at 88 on this list instead. Otherwise, it's all in range of what is agree with, at least.

8. David Bondra

David Bondra -_-

I have two major complaints. A: why the fuck is Marian Hossa still so good? I understand, "his two-way game is amazing" well two way includes offense, something he's not 88 overall-good at right now even if he outstanding defensively. B: Blake Wheeler at 7? He almost had 80 points last year, he deserves to be higher. Other than that, I think the ratings aren't all that bad.

9. Hornets27

Hornets27 HoRNETS x GiROUX28

Hossa and Voracek are too high but I agree otherwise

10. TuukkaRaskfan40

TuukkaRaskfan40 2BC Elite

Wheeler and Kessel should be higher and lower Hossa and Voracek and I'm good with that

11. RaimoTarkki

RaimoTarkki Hall of Famer 2

kessel is not better than Wheeler. Wheeler is arguably the best player on this list. Kane is too high... if Karlsson is a 92 because of poor physicals then how the fuck is Kane 94? Also I know he's 44 years old but Jagr is a great two way player and lead the NHL in ES PTS/60 this year (yes above Patrick Kane), so he should probably be there.

12. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP

Voracek should not be above Kessel and Kessel should be at least a 90, besides that its fine.

13. immatx

immatx Rookie 2

Different position. Kane is a sniper and so physicals don't matter that much, whereas Karlsson is bad at arguably the second most important category for his position. Also the ratings are skewed towards offense so offensive players will get that overall boost.

14. RaimoTarkki

different position, yes, but they're weighted the same. and Karlsson isn't even bad at defense.

15. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

He's not outstanding, either.

16. RaimoTarkki

even if that was your argument, Kane is also bad at the defensive aspect of the game.

17. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

But he's not a defenceman. Yes, yes, I know it isn't weighted differently, but in a world where EA's rating system isn't shit, these overalls make sense.

18. RaimoTarkki

No it doesn't, because it's an overall, not an offensive category.

19. Saint Patrice

Saint Patrice 2BC Elite

And an overall should consider the role/position of a player, or it's totally meaningless

20. McBonster

McBonster Rookie 2

Voracek and Hossa are overated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.