Featured Pickem Hockey Game - Join NOW!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Domski, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domski

Domski Admin 2BCProductions

The 'Pickem' tab at the top of the page is now accessible and you can join our first hockey pool. I am going to use this thread to explain everything so read if you have questions.

What is it? It is a simple prediction game where you pick the teams you think will win for a given time period, like a week. There are leaderboards and prizes will be given out to the winners.

How do I play/join? Click on the Pickem tab on the top and join any available pools you are interested in. To make your picks for the given week click on the 'Manage your picks' text in the Red box below forums. Click on 'Edit Picks' to make your predictions. On the right side of the page, you can see the Pick Distribution for all the members who have made their predictions so far. The question is: do you go with the majority vote to be safe? Or do you go against it to be risky? :)

How does it work? This is important. For the current pool, the time schedule works like this:

- You have from Thurday to Monday 12pm Eastern Standard Time to make your picks for the week ahead. Once the deadline hits, you can no longer change your picks. On the Pickem page you will see how long before the picking closes.

- You will make picks for the upcoming Monday to Sunday games in the NHL. There are a lot so choose wisely.

- At the end of each week, I will input the scores and a leaderboard will be present. You can see how well you did compared to other members. Prizes, trophies, and exclusive banners will be given out.

The Future of Pick'em: There's a lot you can do with this game so we will introduce lots of sports from NBA, NFL, March Madness... Also, big sporting events such as the World Cup, World Juniors, Olympics, etc.

Post your recommendations below

Thanks for reading! Time to Pick'em!

Domski

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. leafsptx2710

leafsptx2710 Rookie

Just a bit of spelling mistakes within the site and the pick'em. Really minor, but some mistakes. Anyways really good site so far

3. XboxModdingCrew

XboxModdingCrew Superstar 3 LEGEND

I think this is an excellent part of the website, just selected all my teams.

• Like Like x 4
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  4. azyotesfan15

azyotesfan15 Rookie

Got mine all set up. Let's see how Carnac-ish I can be

5. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

I really want to select one leaf game that leafs win but thats like impossible even to the Edmonton Oilers. I am pretty sad that I have to watch the leafs lose over and over and over again because I am a big leaf fan but maybe they can get a good draft pick and build their team by trading away Dion? #tradeawayphaneuf

6. azyotesfan15

azyotesfan15 Rookie

I actually picked the leafs over the Oilers. I think the Oilers are one of the 4 teams in the league that the leafs can beat

7. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

Oh, I don't know about it. I may change my mind now.

8. infinitemile

infinitemile Pro 3

Thank god at least the Canucks beat them :) dodged a real bullet there.

9. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

Yeah, thank god I choose the other team but not the leaf. I am sad to be a leaf fan but what are you gonna do. Watching every leaf game with the leaf losing.

10. infinitemile

infinitemile Pro 3

At least you guys didn't get beat in a Game 7 where you were favoured.

It still stings.

11. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

Yeah, but thats like ages ago. I am watching the leafs game losing 11 games in a row man. The only team they can beat are the Buffalo Sabers and Edmonton Oilers. I mean, Jesus. How crappy are they? The leafs really need to get a stud Goaltender because they just cannot keep the puck out of the net.

12. infinitemile

infinitemile Pro 3

Well, I mean maybe this is a blessing in disguise. The worse you do this year, the better you'll do in the future, just look at Buffalo. Worst record pretty much ever, yet they're up to the eyeballs in picks and prospects and are looking at a dynasty to come. Maybe that's the silver lining for the leafs.

13. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

Well, I agree. They are a rebuilding team. If they could trade away some good players for some good potential prospect. I think they can make it into the Stanley Cup in 3 years. #Ihavehopeintheleafs

14. infinitemile

infinitemile Pro 3

I don't know about 3 years that seems a little soon, but that'd be cool if it was the case. Who else do they really have to trade away other than Bernier Kessel Lupul Bozak? I think players like Lupul and Bozak together might net a first, Bernier possibly a 2nd ~ 3rd, and Kessel would get a boatload. I'd recommend a full-out firesale. Burn everything, start from the ground up.

15. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

Do you think they may be trading away Dion for a 1st round and a player?

16. infinitemile

infinitemile Pro 3

Ooh that's a good question. Truth is, I don't think Dion is worth that much. Good PP guy, sure. Can throw the body, sure. But, his contract is 7mill something like that? For another like 4 years? That ruins his value considerably. He seems to me like a decent top2 D, good top 4 D. You probably net a 2nd and a B level prospect with that, but only if you retained salary.

17. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

Well, that maybe the case if Toronto can trade him away with half of his salary cap. Phil has got a big contract too consider that he is a great sniper and can score points. If he can be trade away then the salary cap could be free up some more for more prospect maybe.

18. infinitemile

infinitemile Pro 3

Good point. Although Phil, to my understanding, is a top 10 scorer in the league. Some teams don't care about his salary at that point. A team like Ottawa or Calgary could definitely use a 1st line winger that nets 30~40 goals a season, and might be willing to give up some serious picks and prospects. Here's the thing, though, if that team did give up picks, Toronto would actually have to draft smart with them. Lord knows Vancouver sucks at drafting, and it's hurt us. The Leafs would have to make good, solid roster spot picks with those drafts to get anywhere. Seriously? Nazem Kadri is not a 1st line centre, he's barely a 2nd line centre.

19. FGCHippoGamer

FGCHippoGamer Legend

Well, if the Leafs can get some good draft every year then they are good to go. It's all about drafting good prospect to improve their team. Also trading away good player for 1st round or 2nd round pick.

20. infinitemile

infinitemile Pro 3

Plus the leafs kinda need to hang on to their players as well. I mean, the minute somebody falters (I don't mean this year, but in years past) they send him off packing, which has hurt them bad with Rask Hamilton Seguin etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.