Some BAP goalie complaints:

Discussion in 'NHL Video Game Discussion' started by AlClemBee9575, Jan 7, 2018.

1. BS goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Own goals by D-men

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Goalie Freezing

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Useless goalie moves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Coaches feedback

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cross-crease passes that you have 0 chance on

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All of the above

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlClemBee9575

AlClemBee9575 Superstar 3

So like some of us, I like to play hockey both IRL and in vast digital world of EA Sports' NHL franchise. And whenever I get a chance to play goalie, I take it as I like to play that position. And while I've taken a liking to playing as an NHL goaltender via the BAP, I have encountered a few things that are starting to piss me off. If anyone else plays goalie BAP, let me know if you seem to notice this too.

1. BS goals: I don't know if this is coding, a result of the difficulty you're playing on, or just dumb luck, but I feel like the game will gift the opposition with a "freebie" if they happen to be down a goal, or the game is tied. They'll just score a goal in a fashion that I've been saving all game long. It gets really annoying when it's off a deflection off your blocker where itmgoes into the air and trickles into the net behind you.

2. Gettick slammed for own goals: The game of hockey is fast, fun, and unpredictable. With a small piece of hardened rubber flying around, things happen. Having own goals occur is unfortunate, but not uncommon. But what ticks me off is that I'M somehow at fault for not stopping it? Yeah "coach", I'm sure it's MY fault my defnceman just decided to plop into me, knocking the puck into the net.

3. Goalie freeze: Now I don't know if this is a result of too much control input, a thing with the coding when a shot is taken, or some other voodo, wizardry, or BS, but in the rare occasion that there is a mad scramble in front of my net, my goalie will freeze in place, and I won't be able to move him for a few minutes. The results are mixed. Sometimes the AI will shoot and score, sometimes they'll shoot and miss, sometimes my AI teammates will clear the puck. Regardless, my guy is just stuck in the butterfly position and I can't move him. If it's a coding thing, EA needs to fix it stat.

4. No butterfly glitch: Now this happened to me once, so it might've been my fault. Basically what happened is that I pressed right trigger to initiate butterfly, just as a guy was shooting the puck, but my guy just stood there as the puck went 5-hole on me.

5. No defensive help: You know how I mentioned Bs goals? This kind of falls into that category. But I hate it when my AI allow ridiculous cross-seam passes. A number of times, I'll be hugging the post when an opposing forward is near th goal line along the boards, when he'll get th puck and just laser it across the rink to a dude who's standing at the side of the goal uncontested. Oh, and he has an open net now, so.

6. Coach's feedback: Now this can be applied to BAP in general, but I HATE the fact that your success in BAP is based on impressing the coach rather than actual stats. I remember in Johnny's Zoe BAP for NHL16, he was leading the OHL in scoring, which made him 1st overall pick material. But because he hadn't impressed the "coach" enough, he was taken farther down the draft order. In my own experience, I was a backup goalie for Toronto in a NHL17 BAP. I was 10-0 with like a .908sv% and a 2.25 GAA. But because I didn't do enough to impress the coach, I was given less starts and then demoted to the Marlies. EA seriously needs to fix this.

And finally...

7. Useless moves: In EASHL or online shootout, the various moves for goaltenders are acceptable, since they can be used frequently. However in the actual BAP, having the ability to do desperation saves, flying poke checks, or the spread eagle is useless since the AI never do anything to warrant busting out those moves. Again, I don't like the fact that my coaching instructions ask me to do a flying poke check, yet the AI never force me to use it. And before you ask, Ive yet to go to a shootout in my BAP. It just seems useless because those moves CAN help me "impress the coach" but I don't have a reason to use them. Oh and on that note, the "cover puck" instruction is just stupid. It should be for ALL times you cover up the puck. Not just reserved for the time your goalie dives into the middle of the slot to cover up a puck that's just sitting there.

So what do you guys think? Am I crazy? Are these lazy complaints? Or are you too feeling a little screwed over? Let me know down below!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.