Featured Vegas GM Mode ep 3 (Official)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Johnny Superbman, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Callan Foote (Med Elite) Expensive trade

158 vote(s)
    52.1%
  2. Madison Bowey (Med Top4) Cheap trade

145 vote(s)
    47.9%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

So we are at the end of December and like you guys suggested I think we should start unloading players. Draft picks and prospects will be easy to find but the question I ask you is should we make a splash? For a team like ours, is Callan Foote with his MASSIVE trade value a better fit or should we take it slow and go after Madison Bowey?

2. Joshiejx

Joshiejx Rookie

I think you should take it slow, it’s not worth chasing after that one great prospect at the expense of a few good ones. You’re trying to build a dynasty, not a contender. Focus on getting those core pieces of the franchise, not that one stud. Take your time and the prospects will come.

3. poise66

poise66 Rookie 3

VGK need to be bad to have the 1st overall pick, I would trade Shipachyov, Neal and maybe a pick for Foote because Foote is a really really good prospect and he is a righty. Dahlin is a lefty, imagine Dahlin-Foote as the first pairing :O Of course in the short team VGK will be worst but in the long term it will be a good deal. And since EA change the draft process, it's easy to pick low elite player at later round so Bowey is useless.

4. ratta

ratta Rookie

I agree

5. carey the god price

carey the god price Rookie

It wouldnt be very realistic to trade for foote. Tamoa would want to have a sergachev and foote pairing for the future when hedman gets older

6. KayeeKyle

KayeeKyle Rookie

I really think you should trade Neal, Shipachyov and a 2nd/3rd for Foote because you you are trading for a Medium Elite Defenseman for the future that will probably turn out as a stud and you still get to keep your 1st round draft pick which could become at least a top 10 Pick which you could acquire another stud with. (Trade for more picks with the aging players you have and also try to get a few FA depth players in the future offseason)

7. 0r3z4

0r3z4 Rookie

take the chance on Foote. The trade value means he is going to be worth it in the future. Bowey is a little older so less time to grow and might cap off low. You never take risks so lets make it interesting and take one this time it just might pay off. (plus trading more for Foote will just make your team worse for a better pick)

8. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Rookie

Perron Needs to be traded GM mode fight.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  9. PhilliesND5

PhilliesND5 Rookie

Get Johansen from Washington. Same potential as Bowey (Med Top 4), only a little bit more value, but two years younger and five overall higher. Worth the extra third or so you'd have to give up compared to Bowey imo

10. Muhamed

Muhamed Rookie

DO THE CALE FOOTE TRADE

You Would Probably Have To Give Up Fleury, Neal And Shipashayov Which Is A Great Trade All Those Players Are Over 30 And Value Will Drop As Soon As Next Season Also By Trading Those Players You Will Have A Higher Chance At Drafting Dahlin.also, Bowey Won't Be A Fore Sure Player While Cale Foote Wile No Doubt Be A Stud Defencemen.also, Cale Foote Will Be Developed By The Time Your Ready To Compete In 3-4 Years. Also, Neal Has 1 Year Left And Wants To Win Also Tampa Will Need A Veteran Goalie Because Vashileski Is A Young Goalie Who Has Never Been A Starter In The Playoffs

11. Muhamed

Muhamed Rookie

TAMPA WANTS TO WIN NOW THERE CORE IS IN THEIR PRIME

12. Smellay

Smellay Rookie 3

There is no need to chase Foote, with it being easier to find elite prospects outside the top 5, you can find med elites outside the 1st round, get Bowey because he is cheaper and you wont have to dismantle the already thin franchise

13. TheLorax

TheLorax Rookie

John the draft is so overpowered it’s soneasy to find a dman that’s just as good or even better than cal Foote just wait and stack up on 4ths 5ths and 6ths you won’t be dissapointed trust me I got a high elite defensive dman in the 5th round

14. TheLorax

TheLorax Rookie

Yeah but wouldn’t it be nice to have stammer kucherov and Neal

15. Skipper

Skipper Rookie

Go after Foote. As you said in the video, the Vegas Golden Knights are not a contender. Fluery is not the long term solution in Vegas, by the time the Golden Knights are ready to contend he will be on the journey down. Also remember, Shipachyov is thirty years old, he as well is not the future. Foote seems like a bonafide defensemen of the future. Will you ever land a Cal Foote in any draft with Vegas? The way I look at it, you have the assets on a pretender to obtain a likely stud without damaging your prospect pool.

16. Yuri kaptintonov

Yuri kaptintonov Rookie

I think that you should go after Bowey although if they would likely want an NHL ready defenseman back and probably a 5th or 6th pick. They likely wouldn't want a center and winger because they are pretty good for forward except maybe the 4th line wingers.

Now if you were to go after Foote Tampa would likely want an above average top 4 defensman OR they would want a good winger (Neal is really the only option for a winger) and a backup goaltender and 2nd round pick to go along with the winger or dman (If they already don't have one). So I don't think you have the assests to pick up Foote

17. Chris Worrall

Chris Worrall Rookie

Johnny you don't have to make a splash right away. Take it slow and trade Engelland and Weber in trades similar to the Stoner trade, the draft is stacked. You can also trade the vets you signed for prospects/picks. Jagr, Perron, and Iginla could get decent return. I also think that you should hold on to Fleury, and at least let Neal finish the season.

18. Gallagher4Captain

Gallagher4Captain Rookie 2

19. Gallagher4Captain

Gallagher4Captain Rookie 2

20. Nolan Sladic

Nolan Sladic Rookie

Johnny, as good as it sounds to acquire a medium elite right handed defenseman, you have to consider what you are going to lose. You can probably get a better outcome for trading Neal and shipaslov and a 2nd. You should probably start building depth in your team before year 2. I say you should trade for bonino so he can be ur 2nd or 3rd line centre for year 2 and you also should try for a guy like Krieder or hagelin so you can have some speed and some skill on your bottom lines.