Featured Vegas GM Mode ep 3 (Official)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Johnny Superbman, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Callan Foote (Med Elite) Expensive trade

158 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. Madison Bowey (Med Top4) Cheap trade

146 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. Mikhail Sergachev22

Mikhail Sergachev22 Veteran

i mean, at first i thought foote was great, but his value is a lot and when you could get madison Bowey AND some picks, i think thats the best option. i feel quantity over quality would be best here.

2. tsbl

tsbl Rookie

Foote's value is way too much. Ur going to have to trade Fleury,Neal, and some other great prospects to get Foote. Ur goaltending wouldn't be too strong if you trade for Foote. Bowey will be great in a bit so its better Bowey instead of Foote. It doesn't matter if Fleury and Neal are over 30, their still great.

3. Capitals0508

Capitals0508 Rookie 2

Johny to give up Neal, Shipachiyov, and a second is a lot to give up for Foote. With the scouting you did maybe you get lucky and get an elite player from this years draft. Go after Bowey, Merril and a fourth is a great deal for a 22 year old that will be a great top 4 guy in a couple years.

4. tsbl

tsbl Rookie

I agree.

5. DMLBluongo44

DMLBluongo44 Rookie

You should delay the merger.

6. Gator

Gator Rookie

I am going to be biased because I'm a Maverick, but look at Guentzel from the Pens. He has the young talent, won a cup and had an outstanding rookie season. Plus he could be a great future captain as he was the captain at UNO for his Junior season before moving to the Pens' system.

7. kalebriverdale

kalebriverdale Rookie 2

Tank for Dahlin

8. Deez Nutz

Deez Nutz Rookie

I look at it like this, you trade for Bowey (even though I'd rather you get the Dman from CBJ) and you tank for the first pick to get Dahlin. You go into next season with Theodore, Miller, Bowey, and Dahlin all playing in the NHL. Your D is set for the foreseeable future to now focus on the offence and goalie.

9. SirRoldans

SirRoldans Rookie

If its easier to get low elite players in later rounds, why give up so much for Foote? Someone will show up. And its better to have more prospects then just one.

10. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Neither, go for the first overall pick. Rasmus Dahlin comes into the league as a 78 OVR med elite potential and is NHL ready. Most importantly he will cost less than Foote and be more effective than Bowey. If you swing and miss on Dahlin, your 1st rd pick will have more value at the draft, allowing you to trade for Foote at a much cheaper price.

11. Crimooz

Crimooz Rookie

What do you mean??... he's on the trade block at Tampa. Remember this is within the in-gane universe, not real life.

12. SimonRM13

SimonRM13 Rookie

*I hope this message will be red by Johnny... :)

I've red almost all comments and honestly guys, for the first draft, to me it sounds silly to trade any draft pick (especially the 2nd & 3rd rounds picks).

Let me explain. Vegas will probably get one of the top 5 pick (so Rasmus Dahlin (D), Andrei Svechnikov (F), Quinn Hughes (D), Ty Smith (D), Joe Veleno (F), Jett Woo (D), Bode Wilde (D), Filip Zadina (F), Brady Tkachuk (F) & Jake Wise (F)) represent my top 10. - VERY TALENTED top 10.

Although, it might be very hard to get another top 10 pick, I think Johnny could be able to snab another top 15/20 pick (right away at the end of december and ''gamble'' on a team that would loose in the first round) and trade them James Neal or Vadim Shipachyov.

With that pick, many many great options could be offered to the GN : Oliver Walhstrom (F), Akil Thomas (F), Ryan McLeod (F), Benoit-Olivier Groulx (F), Noah Dobson (D), Ryan Merkley (D)* Evan Bouchard (D), Adam Boqvist (if in the game) , Callen Addison (D), Ty Dellandrea (F), Phillipp Kurachev (F), Anderson MacDonald (F) or even a goaltender - Olivier Rodrigue (G) *already known by Johnny* - Alexis Gravel (G) or Jacob Ingham (G). --- They all have great potential and I'm sure they are in the game.

In the second round I really think it is where the game is played. Look at teams like Detroit (in the past) & Tampa and they now have deep prospects pool because of their savvy picks in the 2nd and 3rd round (Tampa with Stephens, Cirelli, Joseph, Katchouk, Raddysh, (Point & Erne in the show) - VEGAS MUST duplicate that philosophia.

In the 2nd round, I would target players such as - Tyler Weiss(F) , Jonathan Tychonick (D), Serron Noel (F)**, Kevin Mandolese (G), Owen Lalonde (D), Aidan Dudas (F), Luka Burzan (F), Dawson Bartraux (D).

TWO POINTS :

1 ) Yes, most of them are not Europeans that could play right away in you AHL squad but really it doesn't matter since your CHL prospects improve during the off season anyway and come to the training camp with new 'stats'. So no big deal there -just pick the BPA

2 ) Speaking of right defenseman prospect (comparable to Cal Foote), you will be served in the 2018 draft : Woo, Addison, Bouchard, Dobson, Wilde, Merkley, so really no rush to take Foote on a trade.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  13. Mikhail Sergachev22

Mikhail Sergachev22 Veteran

well technically, if he’s on the trade block it is realistic to trade for him since tampa wants to give him up. you could say the same thing about bowey, no way in hell washington trades him in real life.

14. ZJC922

ZJC922 Rookie

Don't trade Merrill straight up for Bowey if you are going to make the trade for Bowey. He wont top out much higher than Merrill and that would just be a waste of a trade. Get rid of a higher valued guy that wont grow much more and play both Bowey and Merrill. Having them both play anywhere will allow them to grow and gain more trade value. I would say go after the Elite D but he truthfully will cost you more that the trade value bar says and it wont be worth it in the end. You'd be giving up 4 Boweys for a player that may not even grow past an 86

15. Mikey

Mikey Rookie

Definitely go with Bowey. You’re getting a solid defenseman in him, without sacrificing other possible trades you’d want to make.

16. hockeyhulk

hockeyhulk Rookie

Debrincat gets really good offensive stats, not that good defensive stats but he can for sure become a big point producer and he is not to expensive but don't make any trades just to make them.

The most important thing is to get picks, scrape all the 4, 5, 6 and 7 round picks up you can and draft a lot of you guns, if you hit a gem they're basically free compared to what you gave for the pick.

17. Darren Sankey

Darren Sankey Rookie

Do the big trade it will pay off in the future and your rebuilding so why not get start building a young player with potential to be elite.

18. Alvis J.

Alvis J. Rookie

19. Hockey boy

Hockey boy Rookie

Look gm superbman where not in that good of a spot right know so I think that you should also trade for draft picks cause there are a lot of good prospects like joe voleno so you have to stock on round one and round two and round three and four draft picks for this year and next year so maybe trade James Neal cause I'm sure lots of teams want him and trade him to Columbus with a 7th and 6 round draft pick for Pierre Luc Dubois and a 2 and 4 round draft pick

20. poise66

poise66 Rookie 3

It's easy to get low elite but not all low elite grow but med elite are sure to grow