Featured Vegas GM Mode ep 4 (Official)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Johnny Superbman, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Draft with them

75 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. Trade the two lower 1sts and move up

114 vote(s)
    59.1%
  3. Trade one 1st for a player already established

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

So what do you guys think about my plan? Did it still end up working out or did I shit the bed? Now comes the question, What do we do with our 1st round picks?

2. ViS Stun

ViS Stun Rookie 3

You got shafted in the lottery, McCleod is a nice player to target at 6, he is a Top 6 Forward, and you need to build a center core, there are no players that always have elite potential outside the top 4 picks this draft, however there are a lot of top 6 forwards, top 4 d men and a chance at some mid to late first round elite goalies.

Try to stock the shelves this draft, also players with high elite potential outside of the top couple picks will likely have top 6/9 potential, I have both done and seen enough drafts where outside the first few picks unless the guy is exact elite, they will likely not have the elite potential, the scouting is screwed up.

One last tip sort by potential starting in the 5th round and beyond, check to see if there are those undrafted steals with exact potential usually exact elite turns out to be low elite, exact top 6 low top 6 etc... these guys are a crapshoot with low potential half the time they are busts half the time they become NHLers

TL/DR Dont trade up/out of your pick, look to add a goalie with the LA Pick, sort by potential in later rounds, and dont trust high elite potential outside the top 5 picks

3. colemusser

colemusser Rookie

You should trade the 15th or whatever pick and the 6th and try to move up to the first or second. There is no use in getting 3 mediocre players when you really need a star player for the future. I’ve done a lot of drafts and you should sort by potential and look for steals because there is a lot of later round low elites. Good work on the trades tho.

4. stickchoke

stickchoke Rookie

I think you gotta draft with those picks. I know they're not top 5 but if what people are saying, there's still good value, definitely with the first two picks. Right now VGK is absolute SHIT. You have like four decent prospects? I think you use your EA voodoo drafting skills and stock up with loads of talent. Also, don't discount the wacky ass names for a stud goalie #TheBigE

5. TheMan1204

TheMan1204 Rookie

I say keep your 3 picks. There is no use trading up in a draft for one player with slightly higher potential and losing another player as a result - especially in a draft class that is supposedly fairly deep. Right now the VGK are weak in almost every area and could do with a 1st round acquisition in the 3 major areas (Top 6 Fwd, Top 4 D, and a decent Tendy), draft one of each and the prospects we have coming up will slide into their roles as needed and we can trade away players who dont - after all it is a slow rebuild right?

6. Norade

Norade Rookie

What I would like to see is this. Look at packing in a 2019 pick with your 6th OA this year and see where that gets you in terms of trading into the top 3. Then you still have 3 1st round picks in this draft (more time for those drafted players to grow) while giving yourself time to get more picks next year with players signed this coming off-season and traded at the TDL.

It's a little of both worlds and I think most of us fans wouldn't mind seeing you with a top 3 pick this draft while still having the 2 other 1st rounders in the deepest draft of the franchise mode.

7. Tuukka for Vezina

Tuukka for Vezina Rookie

Trade 15 and 6 for 4 or 5 and try to get Joe Veleno. Keep 12 for McLeod.

8. Broik15

Broik15 Rookie

I agree, Trade your 15th AND/OR 12th packaged with either one of your 2nds or 3rds this year or a first in next year's draft and try to get those into the top 5 of this year's draft (probably 3-5) and hopefully you can snag either Dahlin (I think he starts out NHL Ready at like 74-77) or Veleno or get lucky with another Med Elite. I think you need stars, only way to do that is to move up and snag in the top 5.

You can get Low Elite players and Starter G's later in the draft pretty easily so no sense taking a Med top 6 or med top 4 with 12 and 15 this year when you can trade up and get future stars with those picks.

9. AdamWest

AdamWest Pro 2

The year 2 draft is very crap, my year 3 draft was waaaaaaaaaay deeper.

10. SimonRM13

SimonRM13 Rookie

I know Johnny you look a lot to European prospects and of course Dahlin is the main target but in the CHL you will get very good prospects in Svechnikov, McLeod, Veleno, Thomas, Merkley, Smith, Woo...on and on. You don't have to worry with all the AHL shit, CHL prospects come to the training camp with improved stats just like european prospects too.

Also, target one of these goaltenders with a 2nd rounder : Olivier Rodrigue, Alexis Gravel or Jacob Ingham, they are very good.

11. HavocRising2k17

HavocRising2k17 Rookie 2

Trading the lower two and moving up would be the best move overall. While I know that good players seem to pop up anywhere in the draft, you could grab two great players instead of a great and two decent that will never grow.

12. shualeewestfall

shualeewestfall Rookie

Dahlin has consistently been a 78 OVR in all my GM modes, I would trade up to #1 and try hard to get him!

13. Michael Burns

Michael Burns Rookie

You should just draft with your picks since EA's new drafting system allows you to get better players even at 12-15 and if you just traded your picks for higher ones you may well just have gotten Cal foote instead of the picks

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  14. Chris Worrall

Chris Worrall Rookie

You need a first line center of the future, so trading up isn’t bad. But I think you could’ve done better with the trades. Everyone with Exact potential should’ve went, no matter how low the draft pick/prospect you got back for them was. You could’ve kept Fleury, because he is the face of the franchise, and keeping Neal wouldn’t of been bad either. You still could’ve finished just as low if you filled your roster with 60 overalls with no potential, and kept Neal and Fleury

15. UKhockeyfan

UKhockeyfan Pro 3

Good job on the trades, shame you got screwed by the lottery! Wasn't sure where to put the fan art so I've put it here commemorating the Chicago Wolves and the first steps to success for the Golden Knights franchise!

Attached Files:

16. Lavoy

Lavoy Rookie

Trade the three first for first overall. Remember, quality over quantity. Lower picks don’t always turn out

17. Milk Hotdog

Milk Hotdog Rookie

my gut says that trading your two first round picks for a higher overall doesn't make sense. you have 6th overall, and as long as you don't screw the pooch with that pick, you're almost guaranteed a stud of a player, though he might take a bit of time to develop. moving up might ensure that your pick is NHL ready, or nearly anyway, but given that your team is in a rebuild phase, i think you've got time to let them percolate down in the CHL/AHL.
    i'd also consider trading a 3rd or 4th round pick for multiple lower round picks. if what EA says about later round picks is true, you should be able to snag a few elite prospects later.