Featured Vegas GM Mode ep 7 (Official)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Johnny Superbman, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Draft

160 vote(s)
    71.7%
  2. Trade for Player

6 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Trade up in Draft

57 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

VOODOO STRIKES AGAIN BOYS. Looks like we need some solid scouting reports ahead of the year two NHL Entry Draft. What do we do with our 1st round picks?

2. thicccpersonality

thicccpersonality Rookie

The high elite scouted players can be misleading, most of the time resulting in a top 6 forward/top 4 dman, which isn't bad but may not be the elite player you're looking for. I'd also suggest holding on to your 4th overall pick since moving up to the first overall pick will cost a lot and you can still find a quality player within the top 4 and with the 15th pick.

3. Norade

Norade Rookie

Just like last season, (though I had a slightly different idea that you didn't go with) I think you should just draft. Trading up doesn't help you that much when most years the top 5 elite players are all Medium Elite and you're really just getting higher overall stats with each pick. If you can trade that 15th pick up into the top 10 with only another second added and maybe a nothing prospect like Carrier, I'd say do that, but if not stand firm and draft with what you have.

4. Thor

Thor Rookie

You should draft because what's the point of trading up when you can get basically the same players but a little lower overall if u do trade the 15 up to like 7-10 so u might get lucky

5. ElmosHelperzz

ElmosHelperzz Rookie

Definitely keep your picks. I've had great success scooping up elite players. On a side note, when you get to free agency, sort everyone by potential and you will see that there are some prospects with elite potential. These guys could be a huge help in speeding up the rebuild. I didn't realize this until year 4 of my GM mode and I really wish I had.

6. Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift Rookie 2

keep your picks but try and trade up your 15th overall pick. for the later picks find players in unorthodox countries. iv found that they are all obviously EA generated and most have insane potential. never trust high elite potential in a draft, you will get burned.
    picked this guy up in round 6 [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Crimooz

Crimooz Rookie

If that playmaker, Rankin, is still available when it comes around to your 4th overall pick, I think he needs to be your guy. He could be the top line centre for your VGK team going into the future

8. Josh Hardin

Josh Hardin Rookie 3

In my honest opinion, keep your picks. All of them. There's no need to trade up and chance getting burned with a missed opportunity. You already have some of the building blocks for the future of this franchise. Players like Cody Glass and Nick Sazuki and a few more. Your future is promising down the middle. Even so, there is not that one elite player.. that could be a smokescreen in itself. I've ran a couple of GM modes for the sake of posting this and each time I grew Cody Glass anywhere from an 85-87. One time however he capped off at 83. He could be good enough to be that high end top 6 player. Based on your fourth pick I could say it's really hard to pass on Craig Rankin if he's there for your pick. A guaranteed elite playmaker with a decent shot? That's rough. But the truth is you don't exactly have that top defenseman to bring your team to the horizon. You do have solid defenseman that maybe you could wait for future drafts.. maybe get lucky later in the draft or just sign once your team is on the brink of becoming a threat to the league. Either way, so many things need addressed. I say go with your gut on pick 4 based on what's in front of you. Pick 15 acquire a defenseman if you select a forward at 4, and a forward if you select a defenseman at 4. The second round IF and only if there is a well scounted goalie you should make a move. That's something this team is in dyer need off. An elite or even a solid starter. Good luck, Johnny.

Go Vegas!

9. Broik15

Broik15 Rookie

I don't know... I would rather have one medium Elite than 3-4 Top 9 or a couple Top 6/4 players. I would trade a bushel of your picks (later first, second, third, and a player to see if you can squeeze into that #3 spot, if they are willing to part or maybe Philly and FL are willing to part? If you could get Spike and Rankin, would be nice. But, as this thread and many GM modes have proven, you can pick up some really solid players later in the draft. I just dont want you to end up with 3 Med 7th D and 3 Low/Mid Top 9 when you could have had another med elite.

10. UpYourSisters5Hole

UpYourSisters5Hole Rookie 2

11. hockeyhulk

hockeyhulk Rookie

DRAFT

Draft the best player not the player you might need.

That said, see if it is possible to get the 10th pick but only if it doesn't cost you alot. Depending on what the other teams pick you might be able to get a top 6 potential playmaker RW "D. peverly" or an sniper center "A. Peca"

If tou can't get the 10 pick there are some defensemen around 15th pick, top 6 Defensive defensman "L. Lidstrom" and top 4 Offensive defensman "R. Curry"

The top 6 might jump but it's a bit of a gamble.

I didn't see any goalies till the 2. round but you need some prospects and depth. Fringer starter "T. Stewart" and "S.Erskine"

______________________________________________________________________________
    ROSTER

In ways of the NHL squad, I think you need to make it better for next season, in my experience you can't keep tanking or the prospects that are still growing might not get a good growth and players won't sign with you a free agentcy.

Another thing, you need to have some right handed shots in your top top 6 so you can take advantage of it on the powerplay.

They way I see the lines you have so far for next season.

Richie - NIL - Tuch/NIL
    NIL - Haula/Karlsson - Smith/Tuch
    NIL/Carrier - Haula/Karlsson/Eakin - Haula/Karlsson/Eakin
    NIL - Sheahan - NIL

Theodore - NIL/Merril
    Merril - NIL
    Brännström - Miller

Grubauer
    Pickard

12. SimonRM13

SimonRM13 Rookie

Come-on Johnny, try to snab one of lonely two Canadians in the draft (Peyton Krebs - was orginally a first rounder in the WHL bantam draft and is expected to be a top 10 pick in 2019 - it's gotta be a CHL player who is an elite player in EA NHL game) and also Nolan Foote (who is listed as an American but who is actually Cal's younger brother and is a Canadian).

But either way, MAYBE you could try to move up a seconder rounder for a late 1rst rounder and snab another gem. Keep the 4th and 15 th overal, and YES MOVE UP with a 2ND ROUND pick to a 25-30th overall pick.

13. UKhockeyfan

UKhockeyfan Pro 3

Hey John, great video as always - can you make sure to show the playoff tree at the start of next video thanks!

14. Tuukka for Vezina

Tuukka for Vezina Rookie

You're good where you are right now. You got those picks with the intent to draft with them, so draft with them. Build a prospect pool, start developing these players, and you should be ready to push for the playoffs in the next couple of years. You have to trust the process. When the Leafs kinda-sorta started the rebuild, it took Nylander, Marner, and finally Matthews to get where they are now. The best way to become a contender is by building through the draft. Trades and free agents are just compliments to your draft picks. Right now, commit to building a pool of prospects.

15. The Great EK

The Great EK Pro

Keep your picks. EA Voodoo can try ans screw you all they want, but go get the second coming of Victor Read!

16. JimDraven93

JimDraven93 Rookie

Nolan Foote, Peyton Krebs, both seem to be real prospects. Whether EA voodoo recognizes that is anyone's guess. But that Medvenov kid in the 6th round looks pretty good.

I still say getting rid of 2 lower first rounders & an extra second would be a great idea to scopre the first overall. However, that's about as much as I'd toss anyone, unless anyone here knows of a sure fire elite who appears in the first round?

C'mon guys, lets get a list going here for Superbman!

17. Norade

Norade Rookie

There is some level of randomness in the draft where player names and stats can change from GM mode to GM mode. So a complete list would be difficult. It would also be boring if we knew in advance that every pick would work out or at least have very good potential.