Featured Vegas GM Mode ep 8 (Official)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Johnny Superbman, Oct 23, 2017.

1. YES

244 vote(s)
    84.7%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. Johnny Superbman

Johnny Superbman Admin 2BCProductions

EA REVERSE VOODOO on display in the year 2 NHL Draft boys. I loved our first round picks along with the two trades. I think we can compete for the playoffs for year 3 if we can land a BIG free agent.

2. Jonathan Toews 19

Jonathan Toews 19 Rookie

Great draft Johnny, but you need to get some vets!!! Who is gunna mentor these kids? Teach them not to be stupid? Get some proven winners to help you with that!

3. Agudimon

Agudimon Rookie

Do it Johnny. Mitch the bitch to Vegas my man.

4. Mgunter

Mgunter Rookie

Wheeler would be better to get a big tough guy in the NHL now instead of the next two years.

5. AgentJon

AgentJon Rookie

Oh yah oh yah you gotta. It'll be a good play in the long run.

6. Trollpunk

Trollpunk Rookie

The last placed team from last year should NEVER give up their 1st round draft pick. It is too early to take that kind of risk. You got the future 1st line Playmaker in this draft. Don't start rushing this team! How many times have RFA signings led to Stanley cups? I don't recall any.

There is other good players available for who you don't have to pay your 1st round pick. Of course Marner helps out immediately, but the VGK finished last in the NHL and bringing in Marner+Stephan (who is also a playmaker I believe) won't take this team too far in one year. The draft picks of the last years have to do that! So give them the Chance to tbecome the Stars of this team...not a RFA

7. rangersfan30

rangersfan30 Rookie

You can sign marner and Nyquist. #LGGK

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. Ben8509

Ben8509 Rookie

Do it Johnny, you already have a bunch of solid prospects and it's time to win now, before they're demanding $10 million/year when their rookie contracts expire. Marner would just be the icing on the cake.

9. Mikhail Sergachev22

Mikhail Sergachev22 Veteran

First off, yes you should give up the first and third because there is a 90% chance marner will turn out better than both of those picks unless you get the lottery.(which your team doesn't look like they will be in the running for) As for the draft, that was an amazing start to the draft getting some solid building blocks to your franchise, but it weakened off a bit in the end.

10. Mikhail Sergachev22

Mikhail Sergachev22 Veteran

Don't worry we got Clarkson :) jk that's why wheeler isn't looking like that bad of an option.

11. Smellay

Smellay Rookie 3

In free agency, sort by potential, you can find low/med elites

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Chellguy

Chellguy Rookie

I say grab Marner, and Ekman Larsson. Yes you will tie up cap, but you will get relief next year. By investing those picks into marner, you want to essentially guarantee the playoffs. Ekman-Larsson, is 27, and is interested as most 27 year olds are in term and money, if you give him that it is realistic.

13. Ferdome

Ferdome Rookie

Sign the breadman. UFA, and for similar money without losing the First pick.

14. SimonRM13

SimonRM13 Rookie

Remember Johnny (even though you don't read most of the comments...) - you may have to give more than a 1rst & 3rd pick to sign Marner (this is the compensation at a salary given of 6M$, which I doubt you will be giving him)...

15. Sean Godbold

Sean Godbold Rookie

If u get mitch get oel too u dont have that vet stud to influence ur young guys on the blue line u have the space. Your pp would be lethal and check for pot kids in FA

16. Sean Godbold

Sean Godbold Rookie

"Pot kids" lol

17. infinitemile

infinitemile Pro 3

This would be a great move Johnny. Think about it like this - you're giving up (b/c Vegas will probably be a middle 10-20 team next year) at the very peak a medium elite player and a middle6/top6 player. It'll take your elite guy 3~4 years to be even close to Marner's level right now. It's a good contract as well. Check Toronto's cap space first to see if you can pull it off.

18. Capitals0508

Capitals0508 Rookie 2

100% get him. Don’t risk the draft he is already 88 ovr and will continue to grow.

19. Patio70

Patio70 Rookie

Johnny, go for Mitch. He is a guaranteed 88 overall 22 year old while the first and third could be a bust. You already made the move for Stepan and Grubauer is better than ever. I’d say go even farther and sign guys like Ekman-Larsson and Beaulieu to bolster your blue line if you want to make the push for the playoffs. Also, don’t forget to sort by potential in free agency as many Elite youngsters find their way to free agency.

20. ElmosHelperzz

ElmosHelperzz Rookie

I mentioned that in the last poll question. I don't think Johnny saw it.