Featured Vegas GM Mode ep 8 (Official)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Johnny Superbman, Oct 23, 2017.

1. YES

244 vote(s)
    84.7%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. Brady Keeler

Brady Keeler Rookie

Go for Marner,Gardiner and i believe I saw Methot

2. Brady Keeler

Brady Keeler Rookie

I believe Marner would be great at 22 years old he can still grow and is guaranteed 88 overall. Plus he would he setting up Ritchie all day. Now for your back end, Gardiner will be great for PP aswell as 5v5 and gives you a chance to ease in Brannstrom, forget about OEL. Im pretty sure i saw Methot available which would stiffen up your defense as you got rid of Sbisa who is a DD.

3. SharlonD

SharlonD Rookie

Get Panarin instead because you have no snipers.. Marner would be playing with rankin, Stepan, Suzuki or glass for the rest of this franchise which are all playmakers.. there’s no need to have two playmakers together and I’ve noticed it doesn’t do well in simulations.. Think of your 1st line in two years of Panarin-Rankin-Read

4. PuckIsLife

PuckIsLife Rookie 3

Big bad Mitch. He's what the team needs

5. kappelele

kappelele Rookie 2

Go for Marner he fits well with the current rebuild and come on, give up a 1st and a 3rd round pick for Marner that's already 88 overall at the age of 22?? Players in this draft were already 19 and was like 58overall, should be a no-doubter imo.
    Also you lack some LW, you have Richie up there, then it kinda drops off. So if not Panarin, maybe Vanek could be someone for 1 or maaaybe 2 years, he 35 but still 83overall- He is also a sniper if my memory doesn't fail me. So he can play on the 2nd line. But get some powerplay time with Marner, Stepan, Brännström and Theodore.
    These two i think you should do to start with.
    But you have the cap space so you could go out and try to get a RW as well like Nyquist or Eberle they want alot of money tho and alot of years. But you could try!

6. Broik15

Broik15 Rookie

OEL and Marner. Do it. Also, sort the Free Agency pool by potential and you will find some good Goalies and younger players with decent potential that can help out AHL or bolster depth.

7. Gallagher4Captain

Gallagher4Captain Rookie 2

8. BoucherFan12

BoucherFan12 Legend 2

Johnny! Wait 3-6 weeks and then Give him a one year deal to make it cheaper, and then give up less picks. Then you won’t have to give up a first and a third. Then, sign him the following year the money he wants, while not giving up your 1st and 3rd this year. This was a technique Tougie used.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  9. hockeylord12

hockeylord12 Rookie

As a maple leafs fan I say get Mitch marner on a 4 year deal

10. Maestro

Maestro Rookie

Yes, get Marner that would be nice. :tml

11. Arrows91

Arrows91 Rookie

Johnny, I just drafted a medium elite LW sniper named Charles Sterling in the 2020 draft in a top 5 pick

12. SimonRM13

SimonRM13 Rookie

Notice how Johnny can say contradictory remarks on occasions in this channel.

At first, he doesn't want to sign Evander Kane as a Free Agent because Kane would not sign in Vegas (we talk about a player who - lives- there in the summer......) but would rather sign an RFA in Marner and give up on probably multiple first round picks.

Besides, it is very rare that GM's will make Offer sheet to others teams RFA... Here are three examples that went unsuccessfull :

2007 - Thomas Vanek - Offer sheet made by the Edmonton Oilers : (7 years , 50 M$ = 7,14M$/ year) ... the Buffalo Sabres would have get FOUR 1rst round picks if they would not have matched the Edmonton offer.

2012 - Shea Weber - Offer sheet made by the Philadelphia Flyers : (14 years, 110 M$ = 7,85M$/ year )...the Nashville Preds would have get also FOUR first round picks...

2013 - Ryan O'Reilly - the Calgary Flames made an Offert Sheet to get O'Reilly from the Colorado Avs with a 2 years - 10 M$...and it would have gave a 1rst round pick (what end up being Sean Monahan) and a 3rd round pick...

So cool the fu' out, and focus rather on UFA rather than RFA...avoid being contradictory with yourself and keep it realistic.

13. kyleivany

kyleivany Veteran

That will never work idiot have you ever even played peewee hockey , U know nothing

14. DiBlasi96

DiBlasi96 Rookie

agreed

15. DiBlasi96

DiBlasi96 Rookie

you need to check for solid potential prospects in free agency every year. Some other youtubers have found crazy steals in free agency. You should start checking for elite kids. You might be able to fill some needs for free.

16. Michael Burns

Michael Burns Rookie

No Johnny build from the bottom up and don't get marner because the team will be better but still not great enough to make the playoffs with Mitch on the team and a bottom feeder just giving up a 1st round pick for a playmaker RFA you don't need it with Stepan already on the team.

17. SpookDarkness

SpookDarkness Pro 2

First off, what is Lou Lamerello smoking in Toronto? Second, Vegas needs Marner for our playoff push in year 3! Easy descision to sign him. Just watch out for EA voodoo and the Leafs match your offer even though that would push them way over cap!

18. SpookDarkness

SpookDarkness Pro 2

John wont do that it's cheap! He's signed those guys and traded them back to the teams they were originally drafted to in the past. Teams don't sign their picks later into Gm Modes and its unrealistic why take advantage just for the sake of winning. John will do it the right way instead of exploiting EAs poor attention to detail.

19. Crimooz

Crimooz Rookie

I completely agree with you here. It would be way too soon for the franchise to sign an RFA like Marner. Of course it would make the team better right away, but then GM Superbman would have 3 playmakers for the top 2 lines (including the 4th overall draft pick, forgot his name).
    Also, if Johnny does decide he wants to acquire Mitch, it would surprise me if Marner actually wanted to move to Vegas. We shall see.

20. Kanadien

Kanadien Rookie 3

Johnny PLEASE i beg you do not go for Marner pleassssssse! There are so many more options like Wheeler, Nyquist, Hjalmarsson, Vanek and such other player that if you sign they wont be permanent roster spots for the rest of the GM mode Having Marner on the team now would mean you're consistently having to build a team around him, there would be no struggle to fill that position from within or a reasonable trade that makes complete sense for both teams. Toronto giving up Marner right now is ridiculous, and him going to last place VGK?! come onnnn. plus if you bring in someone in the age range 28+ there more paving the way for the younger players and giving them people to develop around and replace bringing more opportunity. now trading a 1st and 3rd fro Marner is to easy of a decision to turn down for you especially when you got thousands of people screaming behind you to do it! Please just take the realistic path thats were the real respect is thats were the GM mode will be real interesting. #VegasStrong NOT #RFAStrong