Vegas Golden Knights franchise mode!

Discussion in 'NHL Video Game Discussion' started by Jareski, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

So I've traded up and down to get the exact Vegas roster so here we go:

T.Pulkkinen(83) E.Haula(84) J.Neal(88)
    D.Perron(84) C.Eakin(85) R.Smith(85)
    O.Lindberg(84) W.Karlsson82) J.Marchessault(85)
    C.Thorburn(81) M.Grabovski(81) B.Leipsic(82)

B.McNabb (85) S.Theodore(84)
    J.Merrill(84) M.Methot(84)
    L.Sbisa(83) G.Reinhart(82)

M.Fluery(88)
    C.Pickard(83)

Currently in their second season, 1-1-1 record.

Nice depth but not alot of heavy duty offense. Goals are hard to come by so we rely on the depth of our defense to win us games, and of course the netminder.

[​IMG]

2. JTKazmier

JTKazmier Rookie 2

3. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

I've got Arizona and the Canucks first round picks so if they tank like last year in my franchise mode I won't have to.

4. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

These overalls are all completely overrated.

5. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

That's what I was thinking. Not sure how the game calculates a 90 team offense when the highest player overall is 88. Weird math.

6. JTKazmier

JTKazmier Rookie 2

It's EA Sports and this game is broken. Pretty much sums it up to me.

7. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

EA has always been a "the average of 82, 84, 85 and 88 must be 90" kind of outfit.

8. Ethan x 18

Ethan x 18 MVP

smh what did Vancouver trade their first round pick for?

9. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

Well I did some dipsy doodling to assemble the knights franchise in franchise mode with no duplicate players so I had to shift some players to places they otherwise wouldn't have been. I think I was left with Faulk left as the remaining player I had to trade, and with Sbisa being the player I needed for the Knights I think I picked up their 1st rounder with Sbisa.

Which was surprising since they need a rebuild.

10. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

I took a break from NHL to work on some landscaping at home, so I've only played a few more games.

My Knights are sitting at 3-2-1 after a 3-0 loss to the Kings.

11. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

So I simmed up to the playoffs. First round was against Anaheim. Lost the series 4-1. The one win I did manage was just barely a win in game 3. Haula scored with 1:05 left in the 3rd, then Haula again sniped one high glove for the win in OT. Afterwards, Anaheim took me to the cleaners the next 2 games, 5-2 and 3-0 to win the series. Cup champs were the Senators.

Season record was 41-34-7 if I remember correctly. This is season #2 for the Golden Knights. I haven't run thru the draft or free agency yet so I'll update with what I come out of that with. I'm hoping to be able to sign a solid center in free agency, got alot of cap space.

12. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

Just signed Tyler Myers (88ovr) to a 4 year 6.5mil deal out of free agency. I think i overpaid, but 3 other teams are interested and lets face it, we arent really cup ready and Myers probably just wants to win. Tried for Adam Henrique as well but Philly scooped him up, he wants to win and decided Vegas wasn't going to anytime soon.

Also grabbed a 20 year old MedTop6F for 3 years at 0.875 mil 2 way.

And that's pretty much it. A solid D-man which I needed until Rienhardt gets closer to his potential, and yet another young forward.

The draft was uneventful, I picked up some decent talent for the AHL club. Used most of this year's picks as bargaining chips.

13. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

Noticed Duchene was in free agency as well and overpaid for his services for sure but he's a Golden Knight for now. I ended up trading Myers to Montreal halfway thru the current season for Sergachev. I thought this was a fair deal. I got a young defenceman with great potential and Montreal got a turn-key defenceman.

It'll be a couple years until Vegas hits it's stride with these young guns anyways, so Sergachev will plug right in and mature as his D partner Shea Theodore does, along with Tuch, Lindberg. Just hope I have the cap space to keep these dudes, or I may have to give up Neal to make room.

14. Doclaf

Doclaf Legend 3

I think the way that EA averages the OVR for the base stats you see in the game screen is it takes every player's key stats and averages them. Like PLY get their puck skills and offensive awareness, snipers get their shooting and offensive awareness, TWF get their skating and defenseive categories, etc... That's why the team OVR seems a bit inflated.

15. Jareski

Jareski Rookie 3

I've never thought of that, makes alot of sense though.