What is the worst thing about NHL 16?

Discussion in 'NHL Video Game Discussion' started by HoPE x NaSHTY61, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoPE x NaSHTY61

HoPE x NaSHTY61 Let's Go Rangers!!!

I did not see a thread on this but if there is just merge this.

I want to know what does everyone think is the worst part about NHL 16? It could be glitches, packs, gameplay,etc.

2. Vinny

Vinny General Manager LEGEND

Just the whole experience for me was the worst part. Some people will disagree with me here, and that's totally fine, but I thought the gameplay, glitches, and just the whole game was bad. I was expecting a lot since I was coming from NHL 15 on PS3 but I got absolutely shit on by EA. Very sad to think about the future for NHL gamers like my self

3. BTHabs11

BTHabs11 Hall of Famer

Idk the lack of innovation? I the whole game is bad but it just shows that the franchise is doomed. I mean when was the last time we actually got a new game mode that has stayed? All we got this year was stupid presentation add-ons like mascots that do nothing to enhance the game. Whatever though... we always have Yarny!

4. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

EA's mindset involving it. They focus on HUT and making the presentation all sparkly and new so it attracts the Christmas noobs and stuff but meanwhile there are tons of glitches, the AI is garbage, and there are still plenty of features missing from many different game modes even when NHL 16 was miles better than 15 (next-gen) in that sense. Total garbage.

5. Erratic Luck

Erratic Luck Commissioner

The glitches it like they never bothered testing it

6. ZUCC

ZUCC Hall Of Famer

The fact that EA doesn't work on anything but HUT. AI still sucks and the freezing in GM. I do like GM Mode much better than on old gen, but the gameplay still is garbage

7. TRPS NaSHTY61

TRPS NaSHTY61 2BC Elite

How awful the Be a Pro mode was. Yes, it was miles better than its predecessor but still garbage. This sucks for me considering the Be a Pro/live the life has always been my favourite feature in hockey games

8. Hornets27

Hornets27 HoRNETS x GiROUX28

Oh where do I start?

Honestly, the game as a whole and the lack of effort EA put into it. When you've been making a yearly NHL video game for 20+ years, you'd think the AI would be fantastic. Just like NHL 15, NHL 16 looks better than it plays and sacrifices good gameplay for presentation. All five players go back to break out on a power play, make 10 passes to break out, EA says "Welp, at least we have PK Subban and Carey Price high-fiving after a win!"

79.99 PLEASE!

9. Leafer

Leafer 2BC Elite PICK'EM CHAMP

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NEW GEN......shut up. It glitches, crashes, lags, bad pack opening. And the price is $79.99! And EA thinks they have a perfect game, its terriblec.
    [​IMG]
    Ohhh ohhhhhhh.....The game sucks the ,AI is garbage ,UHH UHH the goals the AI scores are the same ******* thing over and over again, i come off the bench and goal is scored right away, BUT HEY we got PK SUBBAN and Carey Price's celebrations, $79.99 PLEASE

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Kate Upton

Kate Upton Legend 3

The overall gameplay itself. Its too focused on stupid details rather on the gambreaking things that loyal customers care about. At least we got HUT pack animations 79.99 PLEASE

11. Air Cespedes

Air Cespedes Superstar 2

For me it's ******* everything. EASHL is basically ruined because of this lag and other glitches, GM mode has its improvements like simulation engine, but there is so much else they can do to improve it. And HUT which is just a joke, I'm sorry but how do people spend hundreds of dollars on it per year. 59.99 please or like 64 with tax in America, so many better games I can buy for less than that. And I'm not even gonna get started on the AI.

12. Stephen A. Smith

Stephen A. Smith Hall of Famer

13. frank p

frank p Legend 2

I always knew that NHL 16 lacked elements to its game, but recently I started to notice how bad it really is. I've been playing a ton of NBA 2k16 with my friends recently, and when I go back to NHL, I get bored within an hour. On NBA, I can play GM mode, which is more deep than NHLs gm mode. When I'm bored of that I can play My Career, which is addicting and has tons to do. I can also play My Team, the equivalent of HUT. My Team has tons of customization and it's not all based around buying packs. Then when I'm bored of My Team I can go play in My Park which is basically 50 players and a bunch of courts with different sizes and you can team up with friends or go solo to play against people in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, or 5v5. There is a bunch to work towards so this never gets old. Now with NHL, I can play some GM mode before it crashes then I get pissed off for it crashing just because I'm trying to view a players stats. Then I'll play some HUT but the appeal of that lasts two games usually. EASHL is the one thing that I can play for a while if all my friends who I play with are on and we can have fun for 2 hours which is about 5 games. I guess what I'm trying to say is, NHL has 3 main game modes. One of them is broken(GM mode), one of them is repetitive(hut), the other is actually really good, I'd rate a solid 9.5/10(eashl). The lasting appeal of NHL is bad, mainly because the game modes we are given, aren't that deep. On the other hand, a game like NBA 2k16 is really deep and there are multiple game modes that can be played for hours and hours. Also I know basketball and hockey are really different but 2ks gameplay is so much more fluid than NHL. This year NHL did a really good job with eashl, so next year they should try to make be a pro or GM mode deeper, then the next year make another game mode deeper. This is a process that can keep going so by NHL 19, they will have a game with a couple really good game modes.

14. Tigsy

Tigsy 1738

The whole game lacks depth, besides of course HUT which is the one that rakes in the profit.

Be a Pro can be done soooo much better. The fact they even released such a mediocre game mode is appalling.

15. Patric Hornqvist

Patric Hornqvist Veteran 3

The game just never seams to improve. But I'd say the worst part is the A1 and tilted ice. I looked on ea's website and it said that tilted ice is no longer in the game but when ever I'm up by 2 with 5 mins left they score ridicules goals to win the game.

16. JetsFan123

JetsFan123 Hall of Famer

Overall the game isn't that great. There's countless glitches, be a pro is garbage, and gm mode, well, the morale system was a great idea but it just didn't work out.

17. Tyler Carter

Tyler Carter Hall of Famer 2

We really don't need to explain ourselves, they just are.

18. Subby Dubby Doo

Subby Dubby Doo Hall of Famer

You know what the worst part is? PK and Carey haven't done that celebration in years.

19. G S P

G S P Hall of Famer

Honestly i just started having fun with NHL 16 recently
    But for me it has to be Be a Pro mode or GM mode with the lack of details like no trade clause and trade requests barely working

20. ezione

ezione Hall of Famer

How little time is spent on the game compared to Madden and Fifa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.